Seniors and Families
The senior end-of-year count down is now just 4 more school days.
Just a reminder that tomorrow we have a mandatory senior meeting for students that will take place at 8:30 in the gym. At this event, students will get additional information about both prom and graduation. We will also hand out cap and gowns and get a senior panoramic picture. Students who are borrowing a cap and gown should bring them. If students need to purchase a tassel they will be available for $12. Students who need to purchase a cap and gown will also be able to do that at tomorrow's event. As we come together on Thursday, we would love to see our seniors in their college or career T-shirt. If you would like to order a class panoramic forms are available in the front office and in Google classroom
Just a reminder the county student handbook clearly states that students must be in attendance on the Friday before a Saturday event unless there are prior arrangements approved by the principal. Students not in attendance on the 20th or who are marked half-day absent will not be allowed to attend the grand march, prom, or after prom.
Students who plan to walk at Grand March need to arrive at the auditorium by 6:15. Students will be scanned to ensure appropriate attire and that they are on our approved list to attend. Prom attire must also be appropriate for a more formal event and be tasteful. If students are dressed inappropriately, they will not be allowed to walk in the grand march or attend prom. If you are concerned about whether your dress is appropriate you can send a picture to email@example.com. The Grand March then starts at 6:45. Just another reminder, all JMB students and guests MUST present a valid ID to enter prom.
Monday - 23rd we have sports awards in the auditorium starting at 5.
Tuesday - 24th we have Baccalaureate in the auditorium starting at 6:30
Thursday - 26th we will hold the rescheduled Senior Awards in the auditorium starting at 6.
Please encourage your senior to routinely check their school email and class of 2022 google classroom for information about the last few days of school as well as information from guidance.
Please review all the information for seniors in the Senior 2022 newsletter as there are several updates. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Drop Off Items
Dates to Remember
- Mandatory Senior Meeting (gymnasium) 8:30am
· Cap and Gowns Distributed
· Panoramic Class photo taken in Caps and Gowns (Order forms available in Office to purchase Class Panoramic) If you are borrowing a cap and gown please bring it to the meeting. You will not wear cords and stoles for this photo.
· Wear college, trade or military service shirt to the meeting for a voluntary photo after the panoramic
- Class of 2022 Parent Meeting 7pm (Zoom)
Senior Parent Meeting May 19th at 7:00pm
Topic: Class of 2022 parent meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 830 3799 5695
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,83037995695# US (Washington DC)
+19294362866,,83037995695# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 830 3799 5695
Find your local number: https://wcboe-org.zoom.us/u/kHI6bVP2u
Grand March (JMB Auditorium) 6:45-7:30pm -
Students arrive 6:15, doors open for guests at 6:30pm
Each prom ticket had two complimentary grand march tickets.
There will be very limited additional seating at Grand March. Additional tickets will be first come first serve with a cost of $5.00 (These funds will go to the Junior Class).
Grand March will also be live streamed: https://youtu.be/HRmzlp1kqqQ
Parents will be able to view all the pictures from Grand March within 24 hours (probably less) at:
You will be able to save & share the watermarked images or you can purchase prints using a special discount that’s mentioned in the description on the page.
If you want to purchase your child’s unwatermarked picture, you can go to this link and pay $15. You will be emailed a special link that will allow you to pick up to three images to download:
Prom at The Fountains (1800 Sweetbay Dr. SBY, MD) 8-11pm
After Prom at Crown Sports Center (28410 Crown Rd, Eden, MD) 11pm -2am.
Students may not enter after 12am. Doors will be locked
The following criteria MUST be met in order to attend Prom
1. You have NO out-of-school suspensions in the second semester
2. Students must attend a full day on the Friday before Prom.
Students are to dress formal for prom and attire must be tasteful. Students not dress appropriate will not be allowed to walk at grand march or attend prom. If you are concerned about you outfit, you can email Ms. Savage. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Day for Seniors
- Laptop/Book Return/Grad Tickets Pick Up (School Store)
· Tickets will be distributed to students on May 24th and May 25th.
· In order for students to receive their tickets they must complete the following:
1. Be in good standing to graduate
2. Return all textbooks
3. Return all technology (laptop, hotspot, etc.)
4. Return all sports uniforms
5. Pay any outstanding fees or fines
6. Complete Senior Surveys for guidance (guidance will share link to surveys)
7. Complete the Commencement Ticket Request form
· Each Student will be given 9 tickets.
· Every person attending commencement must have a ticket including children of all ages.
· Additional tickets will not be available. Remember that NO TICKETS SHOULD BE SOLD OR PURCHASED.
· Commencement will be live streamed for those that are unable to attend in person.
- Laptop/Book Return/Grad Ticket Pick Up (Office)
-Auditorium @ 6:00
- Memorial Day – School and Office Closed
- Commencement Practice (Wicomico Youth and Civic Center) 9am
· Practice is mandatory for all students that plan to participate in Commencement.
· Students must report to Civic Center by 8:45am. Practice starts promptly at 9am.
· Students must provide their own transportation to and from practice.
· Practice will last as long as it takes to ensure the program is organized properly.
· Students are not allowed back on school grounds after practice.
- Commencement Ceremony (Wicomico Youth and Civic Center) 3:30pm
· Students Arrive at 2:30pm
· Doors open for guests 2:45pm
· Any student not in attendance by 3:25pm will have their name crossed off the list and they will not walk.
· Dress Code:
If wearing a dress or skirt: light-colored dress or skirt and blouse (with no pattern since it will be seen through the white portion of the graduation gown) and dress shoes which can include dressy sandals but no flip flops or tennis shoes.
If wearing pants: please wear a light-colored dress shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes.
No blue jeans, flip flops, or tennis shoes.
· Students may NOT decorate their Caps
· Diploma Covers only will be handed during the ceremony. Students will receive the actual diplomas immediately following the recessional in the Flanders room in the Civic Center. If a student acts inappropriately during commencement, his/her diploma and final transcript will be withheld and its release will be contingent upon a conference between the parent, student, and the principal on the next school day.
· Commencement should be a dignified, formal ceremony that evokes pride and casts a positive light on our school and students.
· Formal behavior is expected during commencement. Please remind friends and relatives who may be attending that applause, cheering, or any sign of individual recognition is inappropriate. Please turn off all cell phones and electronic devices. The Civic Center will not allow balloons or signs inside the arena for commencement. Please plan to keep these in your vehicle until after commencement. Guests should remain seated throughout the ceremony. Please emphasize to your families and friends that they should respect the entire class by not calling out or making unnecessary noise.
· Participation in Commencement is NOT mandatory. Any student that does not wish to participate will need to have a parent submit the request in writing to Mrs. Rhodes by May 9th (email@example.com).
Honor Cords and Distinctions
· Honor cords and stoles will be given to students by the advisor of their honor society
· Meritorious Service cords will be given at Senior Awards
· Only cords and stoles issued by Wicomico County Schools are allowed to be worn during commencement. Refer to the attached document
· Laude distinctions will be determined at the conclusion of the third marking period, just as is currently happening with Honors distinction. At the conclusion of 15 marking periods (third marking period of the senior year) it will be determined what laude distinctions will appear on the senior awards program and on the graduation program. Students who improve to a higher distinction at the conclusion of the fourth quarter may request a new certificate. The graduation program will include lists of students’ names that earn these distinctions. They will also receive certificates at Senior Awards that indicate these distinctions:
4.3 and above Summa Cum Laude
4.0-4.29 Magna Cum Laude
3.70-3.99 Cum Laude
Just a reminder that all five Wicomico Public High Schools WILL have Commencement Ceremonies livestreamed on the WCPS YouTube Channel.
The link is www.youtube.com/wicomicoschools and Livestreaming will begin 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the ceremony.
2022 WCPS H.S. Commencement Livestreaming Schedule:
Tuesday May 31st
Evening High @ 7PM (at the Parkside Auditorium)
Wednesday June 1st (Civic Center)
James M. Bennett High @ 3:30PM
Mardela High @ 7:30PM
Thursday June 2nd (Civic Center)
Parkside High @ 3:30PM
Wicomico High @ 7:30PM
If you would like to order flowers for graduation, please use the link below. Flowers will be available to pick up at the commencement ceremony. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
It’s time to order your yearbook for this year (2022)!
Balfour.com $75 each