VOIP, Instant messaging, Social networks
* Free if you have unlimited internet access.
* It can be used with mobile devices - 3G is preferable though.
* You can only use VoIP if you have internet access.
* If you have slow connection in can cause latency.
* It doesn't have a telephone number - so you can't use with a normal telephone.
I.M (Instant Messaging)
* Its a quick way of communicating and it is instant. (Real time)
* You can see a conversation and then decide if you want to take part, it also allows you to work together with others.
* It can be accessed through a large variety of portable devices: like phones, PDA's.
* Internet access is a necessity.
* If you use it a lot and often it can reduce the time spent face to face with other people.
* There is a lack of emotion in the conversations as you can't see the other persons facial expressions.
* The use of improper language could effect English skills.
* It is easier to talk to someone than to type.
* Can connect with lots of people at once.
* You can arrange events.
* You can share personal information and personalize your space/ account.
* Share websites and news
* You need to have internet access of some sort.
* It can cause privacy problems.
ISP: Internet service provider.
Real time: The actual time that something is happening.
3G: Third generation wireless for mobile data.