Community Newsletter School Year 19: Issue 26
We have 7 more days in February and then the month of LUCK is here! We will be Spring MAP testing the first full week of March and that information helps our teachers plan and prepare to enrich and remediate for GMAS which begins April 8th!
A few reminders:
- School starts at 8:25 AM and dismisses at 3:25. Breakfast and halls are open beginning at 7:50 AM
- Peeks of the Week are on Twitter and our web site. Teams also send them out via their grade level REMINDS
- Like us on Facebook at @BryanCountyMS
- Baseball , Soccer, Track: practices everyday after school
- GOLF Tryouts are THIS WEEK after school!
- Yearbooks are on sale for $40.00 cash or check. Please drop off your money to Miss Shelby in the front office. Also, 8th grade, we need your baby pictures for our 8th grade celebration! Please bring them labeled in an envelope and drop off to Ms. KP in the ART room!
- Please make sure your lunch accounts are current! You can give your checks to our breakfast team in the morning!
- 8th grade: Please bring in your baby picture for your 8th grade celebration. Make sure you have it labeled and take to Mrs. KP. The last day to turn these pictures in is Feb. 28th
- Donations! We are collecting snack donations as we prepare for the snacks for testing season! We would love granola bars, fruit snacks, hard candy, and gum. Any and ALL donations are appreciated and welcomed! You can drop off your donation to the front office or send it with your child and he / she can give it to his/her homeroom teacher!
Make it an ELITE week!
Parents! We Need YOU!
- NO SCHOOL
- Teacher Work Day!
- Welcome Back Scholars!
- Golf Tryouts: After school
- Baseball, Track, Soccer Practices: After School
- Golf Tryouts: After school
- Baseball, Trackr Practices: After School
- Soccer Match: AWAY
- FREE HAT DAY!
- Club Day Schedule!
- Baseball Tourney: At Ebenezer (Also Saturday)
- Kona Ice: 2/28
- #RedskinsOnTheRise Community Event: SAVE THE DATE: Sat. March 2nd
- Spring Testing Season: MAP testing begins the first week of March
- Parent University: March 22nd Coffee and Conversations: How can you prep your child for GMAS?
- Spring Testing Season: GMAS testing begins April 8th
- AdanceED Visits- week of April 1st
#ReadersAreLeaders (The 5) WIN!
WIN time Works!
We are about to launch our READ To ME project.
Every scholar in our building will be brining home a book to keep!
6th and 7th grade will be reading "A Long Way Home From Chicago" and 8th grade will be reading the same book and additional book. Stay tuned for information!
We are excited about his project and hope you will read along with us. Parents who would like a book, please contact the front office and we will make that happen!
Notes from Ms. Raeburn
Please take the time to take the Georgia school survey by clicking the link above. Your feedback matters and it counts as we work to improve outcomes for our scholars and make our schoolhouse ELITE!
GMAS testing time is right around the corner. We know our scholars are more than just a test, but we also want to support them to do their very best! We will be taking our Spring MAP test soon and I would love to sit down with you and review those results to help you understand how you can use that information at home. Please email me with questions or to make an appointment. Also, join me on Friday March 22nd for our 3rd Coffee and Conversations of the school year and learn what you can do at home to help your child be successful and stress-free when it comes to the GMAS test! You can also take a building tour of classes in session!
I am so proud of our schoolhouse and our scholars and what they have done in the last two years to be a voice, lead positive change, and make our school truly an ELITE place to be!
The peeks of the week are listed under our "weekly updates" tab on our website. We hope you are finding this information helpful in keeping up with the day to day of your child and what they are doing at school.
Other #BeBCMS Nuggets:
I hope you have noticed the posters and visual reminders around our school. E+R=O is a simple skill. The E stands for the event (what happened), the R stands for how you responded (your action) and the O stands for the Outcome (what did you get). We are helping our scholars to think about E+R=O in every situation. Our goal is to help our scholars begin to see and understand that the better their R is, the better their O will be!
PLEASE sign up to use Powerschool. PowerSchool is our grading and information communication system. Sign up is EASY! Stop by the front office and we will get you signed up and get you a login. You can use it on your phone and from an app! Never wonder again about missing work, upcoming work, or grades! It's all at your fingertips in Powerschool!
Thank you for being proactive and for supporting our school and our passion work! I am proud to be your principal and would love to hear from you! Please know that if you have a concern or if you hear something that doesn't feel right, contact me! firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-626-5050 or 912.255.0630 (Cell).
ELITE Level Learning Happens HERE!
This is US! Working to find ELITE educators for #BeBCMS
Looking for some enrichment for your child? Check out Khan Academy!
Your Administration Tribe
- Ms. Liz Raeburn• Principal• 912•255•0650
- Mr. Abram Scott• Assistant Principal
- Mr. Donny Sikes• Assistant Principal/Athletic Director