Events of the Week
What's there to do this week at CMU?
Tuesday, March 12th
How to benefit from Blackboard- Park Library 413, 2:00-2:45pm
- Participants should expect to discover ways to immediately benefit from Blackboard. This fast-paced session covers seven quick and simple ways to leverage 'out of the box' features native to Blackboard, which can benefit instruction in nearly any setting.
- A Women’s History Month photography exhibit by Grace Brown, March 11-29, 2013. Grace works with survivors of sexual assault, photographing them holding a poster with a quote from their attacker.
David Garcia Project Open Session- Bovee UC 121 Ausable, 7:00-8:00pm
- The David Garcia Project is a program that raises awareness about persons with disabilities.
Wednesday, March 13th
Tunes at Noon- Bovee UC Student Lounge at 12pm
- 1892 Productions will be hosting ALFA, a folk-pop singer & songwriter whose smart lyrics, raspy voice and catchy melodies have been unofficially dubbed, “hydraulics for the heart.”
- General information and hands-on assistance with creating/updating your LinkedIn profile
- Prepare condom and abstinence kits for the CMU community to raise awareness and promote Safer Sex practices.
An Evening with Marlee Matlin- Warriner: Plachta Auditorium, 7:30-8:30pm
- The acclaimed actress and author, who lost her hearing at 18 months old, will share empowering stories of her experiences overcoming barriers and achieving her goals.
Thursday, March 14th
Pi(e) Day- UC Volunteer Center, 9:00am-5:00pm
- Visit the Mary Ellen Brandell Volunteer Center to get a free slice of Pie to celebrate Pi Day while learning about the Volunteer Center!
- There will be four crafts found from Pinterest.com to make! Be sure to bring an old t-shirt to use for one of the projects!
Blood Drive- Fabiano Lobby, 1:00-7:00pm
- Come give blood and get a free pizza! Walk-ins are welcome, or email Kristen at fillm1KO@cmich.edu to make an appointment.
- Engage with the local community by making visits to the pubs of Mount Pleasant with groups of CMU students to distribute condom and abstinence kits and advocate safer sex practices.
Friday, March 15th
International Disco Tech- Calkins Hall, 9pm-midnight
- Free food and fun!