Weekly Updates from Mrs. K
December 11th, 2020
Teacher Feature - Mrs. Busch
My love for children and my own personal love of learning is what makes me passionate about being a teacher. Teaching is all about the human relationships that are made. The camaraderie at McKInley School is amazing and I am so blessed to be a part of this incredible team!
Holiday Spirit Days Next Week!
Let's Keep Everyone Healthy and Our School Open
1. Screen your child for symptoms each morning before sending them to school.
2. Keep your child home for at least 3 days if they are not feeling well - sick children should not be at school regardless of the cause of the illness.
3. Keep the lines of communication with the school open - we all want what is best for your child and working together we can accomplish that!
Reading Activities at Home
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH
- Sometimes you just feel like doing things all by yourself. What is something that someone can do to help you to get into the spirit of Cooperation?
- When we are working with others, it can be tough when a teammate is not cooperating. How do you deal with that frustration? What can you say to the teammate to tell them how you feel?
- Talk about a time when you worked on a really effective team. What were the ingredients? What did you contribute? How did they help you?
Questions You Could Ask
- What are some activities where it’s easy for you to practice Cooperation? Which activities make it difficult? Why do you think that is?
- Do you like working together with other people? Can you name some things you do at home that require Cooperation or teamwork?
- Who is someone you love to work with? What makes it easy to Cooperate with them?