The District Line for 109
March 15, 2019
A Look Around 109
Shepard students in Mrs. Solomon’s 8th grade ELA classes were able to try out some virtual reality headsets (Oculus Go)! Their first reaction: “This is incredible!” (Facebook: Shepard Middle School)
The Wilmot-Caruso Classic raised almost $2,000 for the Roberti Community House!
Walden hosted an AMAZING wax museum!
Staff presented to the Board of Education on 2/25/2019 about how students and teachers have benefitted from having a flexible library schedule.
Caruso welcomed Author, Alan Gratz, to talk about his book Refugee.
Congratulations to Wilmot's second semester Spirit Winners!
Ms. Ricketts, co-owner of the Chicago Cubs, stopped by Kipling to talk about the 7 leadership habits!
March 15 - Elementary Report Cards Posted
March 15, 7 pm - Caruso Middle School Musical
March 15, 7:30 pm - Shepard Middle School Musical
March 16, 3 pm - Caruso Middle School Musical
March 16, 7 pm - Caruso Middle School Musical
March 18, 7 pm at Shepard Middle School - Regular Board of Education Meeting
March 19, 4 pm - 109/113 Band Festival
March 20 - Early Release Day
March 25 - Spring Break Begins
April 1 - School Resumes
April 1 - Illinois Science Assessment Window Opens
April 3 - Early Release Day
April 5 - Quarter 3 Ends
April 8 - Illinois Readiness Assessment Window Opens
April 10 - Early Release Day
April 12 - MS Report Cards Posted
April 15 - Board of Education Committee of the Whole Meeting (check the website closer to April 15 for the location)
PTO Events and Information
South Park PTO
- South Park PTO is proud to bring back Spring Boutique and introduce the NEW Kidpreneur (more details below) Event on April 7. We are looking for vendors to reserve tables for both events. Do you or someone you know have a business that would like some new exposure? We are looking for vendors who provide goods and /or services. Click here to find out more information and to sign up!
- Calling All K-8th graders! The South Park Kidpreneur Event is looking for kids who have wanted to start a business. Are you an artist, jewelry or fashion designer or mad scientist? Sign up and join us April 7! Click here for more details. Please contact Jessica Shlafrok at Jessicashlafrok@hotmail.com with any questions.
Our school district regularly sends parents and guardians of our students informative newsletters from Community -- The Anti-Drug Coalition (CTAD). CTAD strives to build and sustain a safe and healthy community in which our youth feel protected, confident and empowered to make drug-free choices. To do so, CTAD brings together input and contributions from schools, parents, youth, government, healthcare, law enforcement and the faith community to transform the environment around our youth so that the drug-free choice is the easy choice. In this issue:
- Fast Facts on Drugged Driving by Highland Park Police Chief Jogmen
- Drugged Driving PSA (video)
- Sober Passover Seder hosted by North Shore Congregation Israel
- Social Media Safety Resources
- 60 Second Conversation Starter
- 8th Grade Parents: The transition from 8th to 9th grade is a huge leap! Learn what to expect from the ultimate insiders on Wednesday, April 24 at 7:30 in the DHS Cafe. Check the flier for more information.
- Save the date for future DPN events
Share Your Expertise with District 109
If you're interested, please fill out this form.