Rihanna was Born Robyn Rihanna Fenty, on February 20, 1988 in Barbados. Rihanna signed with Def Jam records at the age of 16 and released her first album, which sold more than 2 million copies worldwide, in 2005. Growing up, her father struggled with addiction for many years. Rihanna then turned to singing as a release from her troubles at home. She formed a group with two classmates, and landed an audition with music producer Evan Rodgers, who was awed by Rihanna's beauty and talent. The other two girls did not make it, but Rihanna did. At the young age of 16 she left home to move in with Rodgers and his wife. In 2005, she performed in front of Jay-Z. He signed her on the spot. Eight months later Rihanna released her first single, "Pon De Replay" and her first No. 1 single "SOS". In 2009, Rihanna sparked headlines when her then boyfriend Chris Brown assaulted her. She has then become a spokesperson for domestic violence. Rihanna was in her first movie "Battleship" four years ago, and also voiced the character Gratuity 'Tip' Tucci in the movie "Home". Some of Rihanna's idols are Madonna, Beyonce, and Mariah Carey. She has is a seven-time Grammy award winner and continues to inspire and motivate her fans worldwide.
- She has two younger brothers Rorrey and Rajad
- Rihanna was a tomboy growing up
- She was a military cadet during high school
- She toured with Gwen Stefani to promote her debut album "Music of the Sun"
- She won her first Grammy for her song "Umbrella"
- Her legs are insured for $1 million
- She does not like Mexican, Indian, Japanese , or Chinese food. She also does not like vegetables and prefers to eat fruit and drink water to stay healthy.
- Growing up, her mother would not let her put on makeup. She is now a model and spokesperson for Covergirl.
- Her network is estimated to be $90 million
- She is the most popular person on Facebook. She is the sixth most followed person on Twitter, and is the most subscribed recording artist on Youtube.
- She has the most views on Youtube with a total of 4.6 billion views
- She has 19 tattoos
- She was in one of Time Magazines 100 most influential people in the world.