We Are Family - January 3, 2021
Happy 2022! I am always happy to see January arrive. The skies seem to clear and the gray of November and December is gone and the days start to get a little longer.
January 2022 also means that is time to think about registration for the Fall of 2022 at Saint Susanna. We have continued to add students throughout the fall and today we have an enrollment of 233 students which is a 16% increase over last year's enrollment. We are blessed to have welcomed so many new and returning students to our school family. For the 2021-2022 school year, we have had wait lists in preschool, prekindergarten, and second grade, with a few additional classes that are near capacity.
Registration letters and tuition will come home with your students this week. The letters will contain information about tuition, anticipated voucher amounts, and instructions for registration for fall for returning students and siblings.
- January 5th: Registration letters go home and online registration opens for current families and siblings of current students.
- January 23rd: Open House for new and current families from 12:30 - 2:30 PM. Registration opens for new families.
- January - August: Families can submit completed tax returns to Mrs. Abdoulaye for Choice and SGO Tax Credit Scholarships.
- January - August: Personal tours and registration meetings for new and existing families as requested by appointment.
- February - May: New student shadow days by appointment
- April 28th and May 18th: Kindergarten Readiness Testing for kindergarten students not currently enrolled at Saint Susanna
- May 1st: Financial aid applications due in FACTS for parish financial aid.
As many of our classes were full this year, I would encourage you to register early and save your student's spot for 2022-2023!
The January menu is linked below.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- We Are Family Shirts with Jeans
- Early release at 2:50 PM
- 8:45 AM - School Mass hosted by Mrs. Paullet's third grade
The CDC recently released updated quarantine guidelines for COVID exposures. At this time, we are not changing our protocols to reflect this new guidance. We will continue with the 10-day quarantines for unvaccinated students who are close contacts to a positive case.
The Pfizer COVID vaccination is now available for all children ages 5 and up. This vaccination is not required for school attendance, but aside from preventing illness, there are some school advantages to vaccination. Vaccinated students and adults are exempt from close contact quarantines, unless they begin to show symptoms of infection themselves. Higher vaccination rates among school children will slow outbreaks and keep more students in class.
We will keep a confidential list of vaccinated students that I will use when conducting contact tracing. These parents will still be notified of a close contact, but the student will not have a mandatory quarantine. To add your child(ren) to the list, please send a copy of the vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org when it is complete.
Dress Code Reminders
- Uniform pants must have belt loops and a belt should be worn.
- Polo shirts should be uniform style and can be light blue or white, from any uniform vendor.
- The red uniform shirts must be monogrammed and purchased from Educational Apparel.
- Our plaid uniform jumpers, skirts, and skorts can also be purchased from Educational Apparel.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Undershirts may be worn under a uniform shirt and must be white.
- Students may not wear boots during the school day.
- Clothes should be neat and free of holes and tears.
St. Michael's Wrestling for PreK - 8th Grade
2022-2023 Calendar Dates
First Day of School: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Labor Day: September 5th
Fall Break: October 10th - 14th (2nd full week of October)*
Thanksgiving: November 23rd – 27th
Christmas Break: Friday, December 23 – Sunday, January 8th
Dr. King Holiday: Monday, January 16th
Presidents Day: February 20th
Spring Break: March 27th -31st
Easter Monday: April 10th
Last Day of School: Thursday, May 25, 2023
*Thank you to all who participated in the fall break survey. More families indicated a preference for the second week of October for fall break by a narrow margin. I have changed the date accordingly.
A few reminders:
- Recess is outdoors for the full scheduled time when the temperature is 32 degrees or above, including wind chill.
- Recess is outdoors for 15 minutes when the temperature is between 10 and 32, including wind chill.
- Recess is indoors when the temperature is below 10 degrees. Recess will also be indoors when it is raining or when the conditions outside warrant it such as an icy parking lot or a snow covered playground.
Inclement Weather - School Closings and Delays
- Our communication system which will call, text, and email the parents and guardians listed in our student information system.
- Our social media pages
- Major local television news programs
In the case of a 2-hour delay, there will be no 1/2 day preschool or prekindergarten classes on that day and morning care will open at 9:00 AM for all other students.
Boys Basketball Games
Saturday, January 8 - All of our teams will play at home today!
- 9am: HS vs Christ the King
- 10am: Cadet vs St. Michael
- 11am: 56 vs Our Lady of Grace
- Noon: 4th vs Christ the King
Saturday, January 15
- 10am: Cadet vs Ritter
- 11am: 56 vs St. Elizabeth Seton
Saturday, January 22
- 10am: 4th vs St. Lawrence
- 11am: 56 vs St. Malachy
- Noon: HS vs St. Monica
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at email@example.com
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Upcoming events include:
- Stay tuned....
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.