CONCORD HIGH SCHOOL
May 4, 2016 Staff Notes
- to all those who came out to help with prom.
- to those who helped with the personal projects.
- to those who chaperoned the senior class trip to Fla.
- to those involved in bringing Ernie Gross and Don Greenbaum to speak at our school.
- to those who helped plan the memorial event for Coach Bo.
- Matt Panner received an appointment to West Point.
- Lexi Rhorer received an appointment to the US Air Force Academy.
- Reid O'Brian is a finalist for the 2016 North Carolina Youth of the Year.
- Emily Hayes and Allie Marquez won the CCS Shark Tank event.
- Jacob Julius was announced as a Scholastic Art Medalist (top 1%)
- Marisa James, Dylan Fritts, Victoria Banos, Sara Bailes, Travis Giddings, and Uriah Funderburk all placed at the Skills USA Competition.
Summative Evaluations- We will begin creating summative evaluation drafts next week. Once created, we will share the draft with you along with the date and time of your conference. At the conference, we will discuss your ratings and goals for next year. All conferences will take place before June 3rd.
Drills- We still need to conduct an evacuation/lock down/tornado drill prior to the end of school. Please review the procedures for each.
ADM- Some departments have not spent allotted ADM funds. This must be done by May 9th.
SIT/Department Chairs- By the end of next week, please hold a department meeting in order to elect your SIT rep and Department Chair. This should be done by secret ballot. Send the names to Mr. Jolley by May 13th.
Dress Code- If you see students in violation of the dress code, please address them. If you do not feel comfortable, please send them to see Mrs. Sides. If the student refuses to comply, find out their name and email their administrator. Do not allow students to wear hats and hoods in your classrooms.
5/5 National Honor Society eligibility meeting at the end of first period
5/6 Proctors due to Mrs. Yoos for testing
5/11 Mrs. Poole will be available each period to discuss the proposed changes in the state health plan
5/16 – 5/20 Benchmarks for Semester 2 and Yearlong classes (optional)
5/19 Test Administrator testing for all certified staff
5/19 End of Year Band Concert
5/21 CHS Band Awards Banquet
5/25 Awards Day and Spring testing starts
6/1 Staff Meeting
6/2 – 6/7 Early dismissal/Exams
6/8 Makeup exams/day
6/8 Senior Graduation practice 3 to 5 and then Senior Picnic
6/10 Graduation at 7pm