Weekly Bulletin - Week of January 10th
Weekly Principal's Note:
We are starting the season of tours and open houses this week. Sorry for the short notice, but we will have a potential donor in early tomorrow morning. Also, there will be another one on Thursday. Soon, we'll be doing a lot of these for prospective parents, as well. Registration opens very soon. As we get ready for these, please make sure of the following:
- Clean/tidy rooms that are appealing to guests (as well as our students and parents).
- Engaging, student-centered learning occurring in the classrooms.
- Appropriate/professional attire (students and staff).
- Proper greeting etiquette for guests entering the rooms to visit.
We want to make sure that the students are not sitting on desks, wearing hoodies and other sweatshirts, and that rooms are ready for visitors. The new year seems like a good time for a fresh start! :) Let's put our best foot forward and show off our amazing school and outstanding staff and students!
Thank you for your hard work and dedication!! Have a great week.
- The Baptism of the Lord...Christmas is over.
- Potential donor in at 9 am?? Tour with Stephanie.
- Teach-scape Walk-Through (Amparo or Katie)...for real.
- Student dismissal at noon
- Lunch from 12:15 - 12:45
- Staff Meeting at 12:45
- PD from 1 pm - 3 pm (Kathleen Fogarty/Bridget Yaden) on lesson planning...bring your lesson plans.
- Dempsey/Margetts...Board Meeting at 3 pm
- All School Mass at 9 am (Please prep the kids for Mass with the responses, readings, Saint of the Day, etc.)
- Link to the Saint of the Day: http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Saints/saint.aspx?id=1249
- Nothing yet...
Sunday (January 10):
- The Baptism of the Lord
Professional Development: Lesson Planning
Code Yellow or Red
- Door locked, all windows covered, lights on, continue teaching, no outdoor activities. Refrain from having students use bathroom, unless it is critical.
- If outside, get in to the school/classroom asap!
- Door locked, all windows covered, lights off, stop teaching, all students in corner of room with teacher and SILENT, no bathroom use. Do not exit classroom for any reason!
- If outside, get in to the school/classroom asap! If the threat is in the school, remain outside and shelter in place at the nearest safe place...rectory/offices, church.
Feel free to practice any drills with your students so that they always know what to do. Also, do not ever leave exterior doors propped open.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS!!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE ON YOUR CALENDAR AND IN YOUR PARENT NEWSLETTER!
Professional Development - Noon Dismissal
Wednesday, Jan. 13th, 12pm
504 South 30th Street
For Teachers: Lunchtime will be from 12:15 - 12:45. Professional Development will begin promptly at 1 pm in Gabe's room.