Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 10/31/2021
**ATTENDANCE FOR ELECTION DAY**
Recognizing 2021 Honor Society and Jr. Arista Members:
ATTN 8th Grade: HIGH SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE INFO
- CSI High School for International Studies Open House Information. virtual question and answer sessions: Tuesday, October 19th, 2021, 6:00PM-7:00PM; Thursday, October 28th, 2021, 6:00PM-7:00PM, & Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021, 6:00PM-7:00PM. Links to the information sessions will be posted on the CSIHighSchool website 24 hours prior to the session.
- New Dorp High School will be holding a virtual open house/information meeting on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM. Please copy the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87227134183?pwd=ZW1wR0U5NlVGR3lhOGdhejM5S1BQUT09 Passcode: 901953
- Staten Island Technical High School Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 5- 8 PM Virtual; Register via https://www.siths.org/
- Gaynor McCown ELS will be hosting two virtual High School Information Sessions on October 20th and November 4th at 7:00 PM for 8th grade parents. Register here --> November 4th
- Port Richmond High School Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 7:00 PM Virtual https://www.portrichmondhs.org/
- Susan Wagner High School Monday, November 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM Virtual www.wagnerhigh.net
- Ralph McKee High School Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 6:30 PM Virtual mckeecths.org
- Curtis High School on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 6:00 PM Virtual www.curtishs.org
- Tottenville High School Monday, November 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM Virtual www.tottenvillehs.org
SCHOOL SPIRIT CALENDAR FOR 2021-2022
Here at Paulo, we understand the importance of cultivating a sense of student pride and ownership across our hallways and classrooms. We believe that this sense of warmth and optimism allows our students to feel valued and welcomed each and every day and makes Paulo a place where all students can flourish. To this end, we enlist your support in ensuring your child participates in our various Paulo Pride days.
November 24, 2021- Crazy Hat Day (8th Grade Only Event)
December 17, 2021 – Door Decorating Judging
December 22, 2021 - Ugly Sweater Day
December 23, 2021- Twins Day
January 7, 2022 – College Awareness Day- Wear your favorite college swag
February 11, 2022 – Football Jersey Day
February 14, 2022 – Wear Red for Valentine’s Day
February 17, 2022 - International Night
March 17, 2022 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
April 8, 2022- Basketball Jersey Day
April 29, 2022 – Light it Up Blue for Autism
May 4, 2022- Star Wars Day
May 27, 2022 – Superhero Day
June 1, 2022-Soccer Jersey Day
8th Grade T-Shirt Design Contest
The theme for this year’s graduating class is “Make Lemonade.” This speaks to recent challenges we have endured and the remaining aftermath, making choices, and keeping things positive and in perspective. Now more than ever, we are making the most of less than ideal circumstances.
The official start of the senior t-shirt design contest is now! The deadline to submit an entry will be December 1st. Designs are to be submitted to Ms. Runfolo, digitally or directly in person to room 418.
Requirements for Arista
The mission of the Paulo Arista Society is to make the qualities of scholarship, citizenship, and service function as a beacon of excellence for all members of the school community. To communicate this mission, Paulo has made the requirements for inclusion in Arista (8th grade), Junior Arista (7th grade) and Honor Society (6th grade) as follows:
1. Scholarship – Academic average of at least 91.00% in each marking period with no grade, in any subject, below 80 or “S”. Please note that a course grade of 79 or lower precludes a student from Arista.
2. Citizenship – No citizenship grade below “S” (Satisfactory) in any marking period.
3. Service – The attainment of at least 25 service credits per school year.
4. Attendance/Punctuality – Students absent more than 10 days per school year are precluded. Also, students who are picked up early from school five or more times in a given semester are also precluded from this recognition.
Please see the Student Handbook for a more in-depth explanation of criteria for the Paulo Arista Society.
Join I.S. 75 on our first online fundraiser of the year. Java Joes Freshly Roasted Gourmet Coffee fundraiser begins on 10/19 thru 11/16.
.Annual Clothing Drive will be November 6th from 9-12am. Service credits will be given.
November 23rd 7:00 PM PTA Meeting (zoom)
No Cost "Virtual" After School Math Tutoring & Virtual Saturday Math
During the School Week
We are happy to be able to provide additional math support "virtually" after school.
Classes will meet remotely via google classroom on weekdays (according to the schedule below) 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, beginning Monday, October 4th and ending Thursday, January 27th.
Algebra: Tuesdays & Thursdays
8th Grade: Mondays & Wednesdays
7th Grade: Mondays & Tuesdays
6th Grade: Tuesdays & Thursdays
"Virtual" Math Tutoring on Saturdays
Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM starting October 9th and ending January 22nd.
Classes will take place remotely. Students WILL NOT report to school.
You must register your child at IS75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab in order to attend math tutoring. After registering, the student will receive an invite to the google classroom.
Useful Links: Self-help
- Daily Health screening https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) portal
- Parent Consent for Testing New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)(Open external link
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook https://www.is75.org/pdfs/Paulo%20Student-Family%20Handbook%202021-22%20_1_.pdf
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc
Dates to Remember
- Thurs. Nov. 11th Veteran's Day- School closed
- Fri. Nov 12th Report Cards available through nyc schools account
- Mon. Nov 15th Toy Drive begins
- Wed. Nov 17 (evening PTC via phone 4:30 - 7:30))
- Thurs. Nov 18 (afternoon PTC via phone 12:20 -2:20) Half day for students dismissal at 11:20 am