By Grace Rodenbeck
Ledger had told The New York Times in November of 2007 that he was taking Ambien, a prescription medication used for the short-term treatment of insomnia. He died from a prescription drug overdose from an unreal combination of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine.
On January 22, 2008, Ledger was found unconscious in his bed. Emergency medical technicians arrived at Ledger's apartment but were unable to revive him. It is believed that the young star's death was caused by an overdose of the sleep aid, combined with various other prescription drugs found in his system.
Heath Ledger - Incredible Acting