Castle Rock Communiqué
Welcome Back Knights!
Back to School Information, Part 1
Hello Castle Rock Families!
Welcome back! We hope you enjoyed a relaxing summer full of extra time with loved ones. My family and I enjoyed a little too much home cooking (especially baking) as well as playing foster family to a rescue dog; she gave birth to 12 puppies who we raised until they were able to be adopted at 8 weeks of age. While we were sad to see them go, it is nice to have a normal number of dogs in our household again! (I admit we only gave away 11 of the pups; we had to keep one, of course). Duke Alcazar is the newest member of our pack=)
We have been hard at work gearing up for the 2020-2021 school year and while we have never encountered anything quite like this, we are confident we will meet the challenge head on and turn this obstacle into tremendous learning opportunities for all of our students. Our teachers formally return next week, though many have worked tirelessly through the summer to prepare for our students' return. We are blessed to be part of the Castle Rock family and are so committed to ensuring our students are well cared for during this tumultuous time.
Please take the time to review this newsletter carefully; it contains important information from our superintendent, how to re-register your child and receive their teacher assignment, how to access our Castle Rock school reopening webinar, and more.
As always, we wish for your continued safety and wellness. Please know we are working diligently to design the best learning environments possible for your children and we thank you for your grace, kindness, and patience during this unprecedented time.
Take care! We will see you online soon! If you have questions, please feel welcome to call or email us. Visits to our office are by appointment only. We thank you for your understanding.
Castle Rock Elementary
During the webinar, you will receive detailed information about our school's distance learning schedule. There will also be a "Q and A" chat session you may ask questions in.
Your child's teacher will not host a traditional back to school night this year, but they will reach out to you to communicate how you will join their live classroom on August 10.
- All schools will follow a common bell schedule; instruction begins promptly at 8:00 am.
- All students will participate in daily live instruction (both whole group and small group) from 8:00 - 11:30 (TK and K), and 8:00 - 12:30 (grades 1 - 5). All students will participate in student support and tutorial time after a lunch break, for the remainder of the day (until 2:30 pm).
- Lunch service will resume; please see below for more information about how lunch will be made available to our students.
- Attendance and tardies will be documented, and students will earn traditional grades for work completed.
For more information, please attend our school's webinar this coming Thursday.
To access your teacher assignment, log into Parent Portal, click on attendance, and scroll to the bottom of the page.
If you have trouble logging into Parent Portal, please view the Aeries re-registration information below.
Please understand we are still working on the pick up schedule and will communicate it to you as soon as it is finalized. In the meantime, you may wish to visit our recommended supply lists located at https://www.castlerockknights.org/apps/news/article/1053570
If you have not yet done so, please complete the re-registration process for your child on Aeries Parent Portal. Your child’s teacher assignment will be visible in Parent Portal beginning at 8:00 am on Tuesday, August 4. For help with the re-registration process, please see below.
Aeries Re-Registration Troubleshooting
2. Forgot your password? Click “forgot my password” to reset.
3. Still having trouble? You may be attempting to log in with an email that is not in our system. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to verify or change the email address on file.
4. Logged in, but don’t see your child’s name? Your child’s account may be registered to a different email than the one you are using. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to verify or change the email address on file.