What's up in 2D!
Weekly happenings in the life of a second grader
Lunch Room Helpers!
November 21st - Thanksgiving Feast!
2. We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or put downs!
3. We will use good manners saying, "please," "thank you," and "excuse me," and allow others to go first.
4. We will cheer each other to SUCCESS!
5. We will help one another whenever possible!
6. We will recognize every effort and applaud it!
7. We will encourage each other to do our best!
8. We will practice virtuous living using the life principles!
The Life Principles
2. Effort -doing one's best in an endeavor. Ask your learner if they are giving their best effort at school!
3. Compassion: ability to share another's feelings or ideas.
4. Respect - paying proper attention or showing consideration to others.
5. Common Sense- thinking before acting, using good judgement.
6. Self- Discipline- the ability to choose and control one's own actions.
Arav using his writing resources to write his narrative!
Friday during E-time we made old pennies shine using science!
Barbara takes Benny home!
You are a genius and the world needs your contribution!
Here's what we need to KNOW!
Math: We have started something new in math this week, math stations! The kids are loving it! They get to spend each day doing a different activity. Monday is a whole group lesson. After that they will spend their time rotating through different stations including, math by myself, math with a partner, math with technology and math with Mrs. Moore. We're still working on addition and subtraction word problems this week.
Science: This is the first week students will be able to explore force and motion using a hands on learning experience. Ask your learner about the penny and marble experiment on Thursday!
Language Arts: We are beginning a short unit on Fairy Tales. We will discuss the different text features of this genre and compare and contrast two fairy tale stories retold by different authors. We will also write a friendly letter to a fairy tale character.
Social Studies: We are honoring our Veteran's this Monday at our Veteran's Day Assembly. This week we will finish up our discussion about men and women who have served in the armed forces and will begin our unit on Thanksgiving.
- colored copy paper
- 2 sets of ear buds for student use