EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #23
February 8, 2016
It’s hard to believe that we only have FIVE more weeks before Spring Break! There is a LOT of instructional time that needs to be maximized between now & then! This is crunch time, & I know you are working extremely hard. Hang in there-we can do this!
We sincerely appreciate everyone’s hard work during our benchmark testing last week.
Important Information this week!
· Grades are due this morning to Donna, & Progress reports will go home tomorrow.
· Drew is out for training all week on Restorative Discipline.
· Team leaders will meet on Wednesday. If you have anything you would like added to the agenda, please have it to me by tomorrow. Design Team will also meet with Team Leaders.
· The name “Quad D teachers” has been changed to “Learning Coach.” Please note that change.
· Our RISE presentations should be wrapping up this week & next week – they have been beyond remarkable!
· Happy Happy Belated Birthday (yesterday) to our AMAZING KELLI SHIPP!!!
TOP TEN "FIRST IN MATH" AT EME AS OF 2/8/16
WORDS OF THE WEEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOCAB IS IN THIS SMORE
WEEK 4: MINI RISE
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – Grades are due – 8AM, PLC’s meet, PDAS evaluations, 2nd grade’s RISE presentation is today afterschool
Tuesday – Progress Reports go home, Literacy Night Committee planning - 3PM
Wednesday – PDAS Evaluations, Team Leader Meeting – 3PM
Thursday – Bryan to Principal’s meeting – JA Meet & Greet for K-2 at 3PM
Friday – Valentine Parties!
- Kudos to Amber Cook for training teachers last week & for making the training easy! Our teachers appreciate you sharing your expertise & doing so in a fun & easy to understand way. Thanks Amber!
- Thanks to all of you who assisted with benchmark testing last week. Particularly Regina, Ellen, Donna Bell, Danielle, Tim, & Drew who helped with small group testing. Thanks also to Tammy Ledbetter for providing restroom breaks, & of course a colossal shout out to Kelli Shipp for ensuring that the testing was well—organized. She spent hours & hours staying late to ensure that everything was in order & is to be commended for her attention to detail. Job well-done!