CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM PROJECT
By. Sherkira Turner
Identification of types of blood vessels
- Arteries- Transport the oxygenated blood away from the left side of the heart
- Veins- Transport used blood from all over the body back to the heart and lungs for de-oxygenation
- Capillaries- One minute blood vessels that join onto the arterioles
Hemopoiesis is the process that produces the formed elements of the blood. Takes place in the red bone marrow
Distinguishing among human blood groups
- Blood Type A: A antigens on the surface of your red blood cells and B antibodies in your blood plasma.
- Blood Type B: B antigens on your red blood cells and A antibodies in your blood plasma.
- Blood Type AB: A/B antigens and no A or B antibodies.
- Blood Group O: No A/B antigens but both A/B antibodies.
Common Cardiovascular Diseases and Disorders
- Rheumatic Heart Disease- damage caused to the heart's valves by rheumatic fever, which is caused by streptococcal bacteria.
- Valvular Heart Disease- the heart's valves keep blood flowing through the heart in the right direction. But this can lead to valvular damage.
- Angina- Manifest as pain in the chest that results from reduced blood supply to the heart.