Cary Colt Weekly Agenda
Week 5 of the 3rd Six Weeks December 8-12, 2014
Dress code: Festive....Let's start dressing festive! If you are dressing in holiday attire, you may add jeans to your code. We will have an ugly sweater contest next week. Do you have one? I think I am going to win.
Monday, Dec. 8th
- Set room up for testing by Wednesday. Students need a few days to sit in the testing format, so they are accustomed to the new formation before test day.
- Exploring High School Fair
- This week is an important week. Your attendance is vital. You are keeping the students in a routine, teaching remaining TEKS and starting to review TEKS they will see again. There should be a mixture in your review of "fun" questions and serious work. (Playing Science Trivia for 5 days to prepare will not work for all students.)
- All data packets are due.
- 8th Basketball game
Tuesday, Dec. 9th
- Last soccer game against E. D. Walker at Loos 6pm
Wednesday, Dec. 10th
- ACP TESTING MEETING
- 3:45 ACP FACULTY MEETING
Thursday, December 11th
- PLCs with TEA Monitor Ms. Fowler
- Read Chapter 2 Engaging Students with Poverty In Mind
- 7th Grade Basketball at TJ 6pm (Tasby)
- SBDM Training 5:00-6:00 at Walnut Hill
Friday, December 12th
- Make sure room is ready for testing
Thursday, Dec. 18th, 6:30pm
4514 Travis St
We will be on the patio. Please bring a white elephant gift to this event for our game. (Do not spend more than $20... This should be something fun!)
Please RSVP. We need an accurate count.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
- Kudos to Mr. Cooper for the additional support on the 2nd floor!!!
- Kudos to Ms. Mancias for always looking for more ways to advance Cary. We will have a Facebook page soon. Our students are visiting A&M. Mancias just does not stop! Love it.
- Kudos to the new shirts! The clubs look great!
- Kudos to Ms. Coney! The art is incredible.
- Kudos to Mr. Francis for getting all Crisis paperwork in and for ensuring we complete all our drills. It is nice to not be on the "bad" list.
- Kudos to Mr. Bates for marshaling the troops--getting several young men to clean up the auditorium for our concert.
- Kudos to Miss Gale for making sure it was spotless. And Mr. Bruno for making sure the restrooms nearest the auditorium were presentable for the attendees of the Winter Band Concert.
- Kudos to Mr. Wood for adjusting the stage lights for our performance and for taking pictures of the event.
- Kudos to Mrs. Smith and Mr. Diaz for being outstanding emcees at the Winter Band Performance!
- Kudos and thank you to the many faculty and staff who came to support our students, and Mr. Davis for helping with "crowd control" at the Winter Band Concert!
- Kudos to my Ms. Cordero on the ________________. The first rule is not to speak about________________. You make learning fun and something to talk about.... Or not..
- Kudos to Ms. Robert on coming up with ways to keep students engaged in a classroom in which students are normal working individually.
- Kudos to Ms. Martinez, Ms. Cordero and Ms. Roberts for being nominated for Distinguished Teacher Review. You Rock
- Kudos to Mr. Goodroe for looking for ways to keep your students engaged.
- Kudos to Ms. Fernandes for assisting with students!!!
- Kudos to Mr. Cooper for helping with art and being attentive to the needs on the second floor!!!!
- Kudos to Mr. Martinez for being flexible, building relationships and always giving 145%!!!!!
- Kudos to Mr. Wood for assisting with sports, students, extra curricular and anything else I need! I appreciate your help and support!!!! SV
- Kudos to Mr. Diaz on translating some of the strangest, funniest, saddest and longest conferences! You are always professional, calm and articulate. I appreciate your support and your keeping our priorities first! S.Vaughan
- Kudos to Ms. Smith on also having some interesting conferences and doing my job and hers while I was in my Principal Meeting! Thank you!!!
- Kudos to Mr. Bates on bringing in additional Cary Hosts! Our Cary Hosts program has been mentoring 50 8th graders and will now start mentoring 7th graders. Teachers may find books for the mentors to read, if they would like to help out. Thank you for adding on additional students!!
Students and Gift Exchange
The holidays are right around the corner. i do want to remind you of one policy, which is in place, so students are not embarrassed, etc.. We do cannot do any type of gift exchange. However, you may buy them gifts and have gifts donated to them.