How to Prepare for a Job Interview
Job Interview in the Trades
Attire to wear for the Interview
- For some jobs a suit or sports jacket might be overkill
- Dress business casual
- "Dockers and a nice buttoned down shirt"
- Nice pair of well maintained shoes
Dos and Don'ts
- Wear the best clothing that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Cover up excessive show of skin and tattoos.
- Don't under dress or over dress, find the happy medium.
- Don't wear stained or dirty clothes, even if the position you are applying for is not the most cleanest position.
Dress business casual. Look presentable and professional while not over doing your attire.
Don't wear dirty pants or pants with holes in them. It looks unclean and unprofessional.
Don't over dress. It may appear to be too much and will seem awkward.
Grooming for the Interview
- Hair: Clean: Trimmed, and neatly combed or arranged.
- Facial Hair: Freshly shaved; mustache or beard neatly groomed.
- Teeth: Brushed and fresh breath.
- Body: Freshly bathed/showered; use deodorant. Remove body piercings, tongue rings, and cover tattoos if possible.
Guidelines to Follow
- Be clean and neat.
- Have empty pockets.
- No gum or candies in mouth.
- Smile and be friendly.
- Show a positive attitude.
- Use proper manners.
- Make good eye contact.