Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
May 13, 2016
Ms. Grubbs's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @jamie_grubbs
Upcoming Dates to Remember
May 17-26 Super Summer Book Exchange
May 20 - Field Day
May 21 - Geist 5K
May 26 - Last student day
Summer Book Exchange
Jammin' June Jogs
What: A weekly 1 mile Family Fun Run
Where: At Thorpe Creek Elementary
When: Every Wednesday in June starting June 8th-7:00 pm start time
How Much: Free- donations gladly accepted for the TCE scholarship fund
Who: Anyone is welcome
Questions: Please contact Emma Gabbard at email@example.com
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 6 Art
- Tuesday- Day 1 PE
- Wednesday- Day 2 Music
- Thursday- Day 3 Art
- Friday- Day 4 PE
School Wide Garden
- We will be working with Reader's Theatre.
- I will be doing end of year reading assessments
- We will continue to do Daily 5 activities where students have the opportunity to read and write independently.
- Students will work on forming paragraphs when writing. We will look at mentor text for inspiration.
- Students will continue to write about topics of their choice.
- We will be writing on a website call storybird.com and continuing our writing at nightzookeeper.com. They can write on either of these websites at home! :)
The Genius Hour fun and excitement continues. The students LOVE this time of the week! If you can imagine it... you can explore it!! We continue to study topics of our choice during Genius Hour ...one of best times of the week! We are learning and growing so much during this time. Ask your child what they are exploring right now for Genius Hour!