WYOMING WINDSONG - OCTOBER 2016 - NEWS-IN-BRIEF
The student registration deadline at the regular $10 fee per student is Monday - October 3rd.
Don't leave it until the last minute!!
After the 3rd, you can still register through 11:59:59 PM on October 24th at the late registration fee of $50 per student.
- Register ONLINE - credit card required - Deadline December 21, 2016
- PRINT and mail/fax - check or PO/V only - Postmark Deadline December 21, 2016
Beat the lines at registration - register in advance! Better rates and save time!
Include your banquet and luncheon tickets when you register! Enjoy celebrating your friends and associates at the Elementary Luncheon and the WMEA Banquet. It's a great opportunity to catch up with old friends and make some new!
ADJUDICATION TRAINING ONLINE
Are you interested in being certified to adjudicate? WMEA and WHSAA offer training through the NFHS Introduction to Music Adjudication, for any individuals interested in certifying to adjudicate at district music festivals in the State of Wyoming. This is a free online course. Current adjudicators are welcome to register for the course as a refresher. You must register on the site, but there is no fee. MORE ...
CALLING K-8 PERFORMING ENSEMBLES
WYOMING WINDSONG - Fall 2016
WMEA members can log-in and peruse the journal at the touch of a finger. Live links and full color ... enjoy!
(Note: for better viewing, allow the journal to fully download before you begin your read.)
Our Website ... www.wyomea.org
The WMEA website is an up-to-date snapshot of music education in Wyoming. Information, Date-Watch, Activity Links, an Events Calendar, News, Resources, and all the things you need to help make your teaching year go smoothly! Give us a visit
Join the conversation or start one of your own using our website forums. Create your post and send a quick note via Listserv to point people to your forum strand. Check it out today!
Be a part of our dedicated information stream via email!
Membership Has Its Privileges ...
To join click here: JOIN NAfME/WMEA
Or if you just need to renew, click here:
Note: After the October mailings, the Breezetune and Windsong are sent to members only.
What's New at NAfME
Interesting articles, new ideas, check in out! NAfME staff along with outside contributors who are music education experts and supporters offer an array of articles and resources to support music educators and those who advocate for them.
Interested in writing for them? Pitch your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org!
My Music Class® is an online idea center and lesson plan library, filled with standards-aligned teaching ideas and resources, exclusively for NAfME members.
Interested in competitions, calls, auditions, and performance opportunities? Check the list of offerings presented or co-sponsored by NAfME.
- October 3, 2016 All-State Student Registration Deadline (late registration available until October 24 - additional fee assessed)
- October 16, 2016 State Marching Band Festival
- Oct 28 - Nov 5, 2016 All-State Auditions Window
- October 31 - November 1, 2016 State String Clinic @ Jackson
- November 4, 2016 - Rocky Mountain Festival of Voices
- November 10-13, 2016 NAfME Conference @ Grapevine, TX
- November 12, 2016 South Big Horn District Middle School Clinic
- November 18-19, 2016 South Big Horn District Clinic
- November 18-19, 2016 Northeast District Clinic
- November 18-19, 2016 North Big Horn District Clinic
- November 21-22, 2016 North Platte District Clinic
- November 21-22, 2016 Southwest District Clinic
- November 21-22, 2016 Southeast District Clinic