Edmodo & Google: Twice the Fun!
Use this code to join our Edmodo group: w98mja
Who I am: I officially teach English IV and unofficially teach Google and GAFE at Coldspring-Oakhurst High School!
About my classes: C-OCISD has (just) gone Google! With our recent adoption of GAFE and implementation of Chromebook carts, my classes are powered by Google and managed and organized by Edmodo. The two work beautifully together and have helped me create an interactive, collaborative, online classroom that is almost completely paperless!
Connect with me in Edmodo, follow me on Twitter, and share the cool things you're doing too!
Ten Reasons Edmodo Rocks:
3. Leave the Absent Minded Professor Behind: Organize your Life
- Easy to share out and embed links to Google Docs, Forms, Presentations, EVERYTHING your class needs to run!
- Post each day with class instructions, links to related materials--organized for you and your kids!
- SCHEDULE posts, reminders, quizzes, etc.
- Notifications Feature
- Be paperless! Don't Make Copies...ever! [Google Templates, Make a Copy in Docs]
4. Grade on the Go; Stay in the Know!
- Dropbox Organization
- Grading: Comments and Buttons Feature
- Link Google Doc Rubrics, screencast with voice, etc.
- Rubrics: Awesome Screenshot Chrome Extension
- Data Analysis and Time stamps
5. Absent? Check Edmodo!
- Promotes student accountability
- Great archive of classroom online
- Teacher Absence: post plans, chat with kids while away
7. Give Quizzes, Get Data Analysis
- Schedule start and stop times
- Randomize questions feature
- Statistics analysis
- Insert pictures and links
8. Revitalize your Class Discussions
- Easy and familiar interface
- Use small groups or whole class
- Tip: have your students change their notification settings on these days so their phones don't blow up with emails and texts
9. Small Groups
10. Everyone loves shiny things!
Use Edmodo as a PLN and for resources!
- Watch your Verbage! Avoid: "like Facebook for the classroom;" INSTEAD try: "our classroom online."
- Edmodo doesn't love video; upload to Google Drive and submit link
- Learn to manage two Gradebooks
- Date your posts to help organize a full newsfeed
Give some feedback, y'all!
Session Evaluation: http://goo.gl/UVDq2