Psychoactive compound with any sleep-inducing properties.
People not always use it for the right purposes, In excessive doses causes stupor, coma, or convulsions
Narcotics as Drugs
People sniff this drug
People tend to shot themselves in the veins for a faster reaction
People take pills that are not Necessary for them
How do they work in your body!
- Narcotic analgesics which work by depressing the central nervous system and can also depress the respiratory system;
- Include the opiates and synthetic opiates: codeine, heroin, morphine, opium, percodan, darvon, talwin, dilaudid, methadone and demerol.
- Among the health issues for narcotic users include high blood pressure, respiratory distress, cardiac arrest. Narcotics will decrease responsiveness, cause drowsiness, insensitivity to pain by slowing down the central nervous system.
- In America, over 23,000,000 people ages 12 and older need treatment for narcotic drug use
- Of the 23 million plus who need treatment, only about 11% have any clue they need treatment.
- 25% of the prison population is in for drug offenses.