Section and Panel Garage Doors
Garage Door Opener Proper Maintenance
The traditional way of opening and closing the has been gone due to the existence of garage door opener. We all know that garage door opener is a motor device that gives you a smooth garage door operation. This kind of investment gives you extreme convenience and comfort that’s why when you don’t have garage door opener at home. Maybe, this is the perfect time for you to invest. In fact, many users are completely glad of having a device like this and they have been amazed of the feature that it brings. Well, you will be more amaze if you are going to invest the innovative models of garage door opener.
On the other hand, this article will probably help you to take good care of your opener. In fact, you can read below the simple tasks that you can do as a homeowner:
1. First, all you have to do is turn off the power of your garage door opener, this is for you to be safe while doing the garage door opener maintenance. Remove all your accessories and avoid yourself to wear loose shirt so that any accidents can be prevented.
2. Then, clean the rails, surface and arms of the motorized device by using soft and clean cloth. Check the hinges and if you have seen that they are rusted, remove the rust using steel wool.
3. Inspect all the parts like mounting brackets, cables, brackets and fastener and look them clearly if there are broken parts. Then, take note of the parts that need to be replaced quickly.
4. When the chain is sagging, all you have to do is to adjust the chain tension. Use a penetrating oil to lubricate the axles, hinge pin and drive chain(the drive chain needs lubrication at least once or twice annually). Then, use a soft cloth to eliminate the excess oil.
5. Do safety reversing test twice per year.
Then, when the issue is all about electrical wiring connection, this is the time for you to call garage door repair company or if you want just visit this link: http://www.sectionandpanelgaragedoors.com/al/birmingham