January 3, 2019
The Seven Habits
Hanawalt staff participated in professional development on January 2nd and 3rd over the The 7 Habits. Hanawalt will be an official Leader in Me School.
A Whole-School Transformation Process. The Leader in Me is FranklinCovey's whole school transformation process. It teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People are:
- Habit 1: Be Proactive (You’re in Charge)
- Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind (Have a Plan)
- Habit 3: Put First Things First (Work First, Then Play)
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win (Everyone Can Win)
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood(Listen Before You Talk)
- Habit 6: Synergize (Together Is Better)
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw (Balance Feels Best)
Plastic Bags for Benches
Greetings Hanawalt Families! We hope you enjoyed your time off from school to rest, relax and recharge! We will be having our January PTA meeting this coming Tuesday, January 8, at 6:30 PM in the Media Center. We will learn about our building's emergency procedures, have a brief update on the initial action plan for the Media Center and hear about some great volunteer opportunities coming in the next couple of months. Hope to see you there!
It is the second grade's turn to provide yummy snacks for our teachers and staff on Fridays for the month of January! Please click the following link to sign up or go to the PTA website (hanawaltcommunity.com) and click the Sign Up Genius link on the right side of the page. Thanks in advance, 2nd Grade Families!
A Few Reminders
January 8th: PTA Meeting
January 21st: No School