BCS New Student/Family Orientation
Brooklyn Collaborative welcomes YOU virtually!
We're excited to welcome you to your new school!
Come for a short informal virtual orientation where you will:
- meet new faces (Principal Scill, Assistant Principal Imani and Parent Coordinator Tracey)
- hear about what to expect next year (short pre-recorded videos from students, families, and staff)
- go over what to expect when you're part of BCS in Sept (as best as we know it at this early time during the pandemic!)
- ask any questions you might have!
"We are Crew" - photo taken by Maria B.F. (BCS Class of 2020)
Choose any of the following times:
Based on diverse family needs, we will offer the session three different times. Each session will be the same so you only need to attend one! Additionally, the welcome orientation is optional for families (since several of you have already let us know that you feel informed about the school already). Parents and students are welcome together.
- Tues June 16 @ 3:30pm-4:30pm (Grade 9)
- Wed June 17 @ 5:00pm-6:00pm (Grade 6 or 9 families)
- Fri June 19 @ 11:30am-12:30pm (Grade 6)
A Zoom link will be sent closer to the date of orientation once we have your RSVP.
If circumstances permit, we will have a physical orientation in our building in late Aug or early Sept once New York State and the DOE approves of re-opening school buildings.
We will also have smaller informal Family Meets with same-grade parents (virtual) or a Family Get Together (in the building if possible) in late August.