Make Rome great Again
Vote Numa Pompilius (715-673 B.C.)
If Numa already accomplished these great things in his first reign imagine what he could do a second time around.
The second king of Rome
- His first actions as king was to make piece of the surrounding towns. He did this by establishing the Temple of Janus, whose gates were open in times of war and closed in times of piece.
- Brought the cult of the Vestal Virgins to Rome.
- Organized the calendar; a year into 12 lunar months, adding January and February.
- Distributed the land that Romulus conquered to poor people.
- Credited with many other religious institutions such as the cult of Mars, and the office of pontifex maximus.