The Viking View Families
To translate this newsletter please click on the image that looks like the one below or the small circle of the person on a phone.
From the desk of Principal Williams
We will be hosting a free vaccination clinic at Steele Lane on Friday, November 19th from 2:30-5:30 pm. See images above. Please read the information below to answer questions you might have as well as to provide more information regarding COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing.
- Webinars for parents (see flyer below) Sonoma County Public Health and the Sonoma County Office of Education will be presenting English and Spanish webinars to answer the community’s questions about COVID-19 vaccines for children. Register using the links below. The webinars will also be broadcast live on the County of Sonoma Facebook page
We also have a break from school coming up soon. There will be no school on November 22-26th. We will see you back on the 29th. Enjoy this time to rest, recover, and reconnect with family, friends, and your community.
With much gratitude,
COVID Information from SRCS
COVID testing for people with symptoms
- Contact your healthcare provider, or
- Visit a free Sonoma County Testing Location
- NEW! Students who are feeling sick or are sent home from the isolation tent can now receive a free no-appointment needed COVID-19 test on Monday or Friday mornings.
- Drive-through testing for people with symptoms
- Lewis Early Learning Academy, 2230 Lomitas Avenue
- Mondays and Fridays, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- More information: Flyer in English and Spanish
- Click here for Sonoma County COVID-19 Testing & Tracing Information: in English | in Spanish
COVID testing for students and staff without symptoms (asymptomatic)
- Voluntary COVID testing of students and staff without symptoms is located at Lewis Early Learning Academy, Monday- Thursday, 2:30-5:00pm, Registration required.
- Without symptoms, many people with COVID-19 infections aren’t even aware they are carriers of the virus. As a result, they may not be taking the necessary precautions to isolate themselves and protect others.
- More information: English Flyer | Spanish Flyer
More information is available on our website: srcschools.org/covid-19
Please do not send your student to school if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
ParentSquare is super important for our school community. It is how we primarily communicate.
We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified. If you need support signing up for ParentSquare please call our office at 707-890-3945 to set up an appointment.
Log into ParentSquare today. If you are new to ParentSquare, click here for instructions (English/español). If you need more information visit this webpage from Santa Rosa City Schools.