November 14th - November 18th
- It is a unit 2 review week
- we will be reviewing the following skills
- comprehension: text and graphic features, questioning, drawing conclusions, story structure, main ideas and details, cause and effect, understanding characters, author's purpose, summarizing, fact and opinion, and monitor and clarify
- phonics: common final blends, double consonants and CK, consonant digraphs, base words and endings, syllable patterns, and contractions
- grammar: plural nouns, proper nouns, verbs, present, past, and future tense verbs
- comparing fractions
- unit fractions of a group
- other fractions of a group
- problem solving
- we hope to finish the chapter in time to test the Monday before Thanksgiving break
- review lists this week
- all students will have words that they were already tested on during unit 2
Calendar of Events...
- reading unit 2 test will begin today
- I will be out of the classroom today
- spelling test
- reading unit 2 test will be finished today
- book orders due today
Do you Shoparoo? It's easy and it earns money for Lincoln Elementary. All you have to do is click on the button above and use the code provided by Mrs. Walley. Then when you shop, take a picture of your receipt to start earning the school money.
Please use this link and the username and passwords I sent home to access our second grade reading book online at home! This is a great resource when your child needs extra practice, or forgets their book at school.
Lincoln's mock election...
Second graders voted in the mock election on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
Students had to show "poll workers" their Voter Registration cards and sign in before receiving a ballot.
Then they entered the voting booth to cast their vote!
They were extremely excited to participate in the mock election.
Prior to voting, we discussed who can vote, how you vote, and who can run for president. All students had great information to add to the discussions, and fantastic questions about the election.