by Alyssa Britz
Pros and Cons of the Pipeline
Keystone XL is built from Hardisty to Steel City, Nebraska, it could mean jobs
There is additional space ready at the company's pipeline control center in Calgary, ready to accommodate potential growth
The Pembina Institute suggests the resulting development because of Keystone XL would add the carbon equivalent of four million cars to the road.
Oil could burst from the pipeline
Pros and Cons of minimum wage
- Adults who currently work for minimum wage are likely to lose jobs to teenagers who will work for much less.
- Workers need a minimum amount of income from their work to survive and pay the bills.
- Businesses have more power to abuse the labor market.
- It forces businesses to share some of the vast wealth with the people that help produce it.
- Non-profit charitable organizations are hurt by the minimum wage.
- The minimum wage can drive some small companies out of business.
- A minimum wage gives businesses an additional incentive to mechanize duties previously held by humans.
- Cost-of-living differences in various areas of the country make a universal minimum wage difficult to set.
Born November 11, 1940, Barbara Boxer won her first political campaign in 1976, and represented California in Congress from 1983 to 1992, when she was elected Senator. A Democrat, Boxer opposed the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and the authorization for use of military force in Iraq in 2002. Her daughter married Hillary Clinton's brother at the White House in 1994.
U.S. Senator. Born Barbara Levy in Brooklyn, New York, on November 11, 1940. Her parents, Sophie Silverstein Levy and Ira Levy, were both first-generation Jewish immigrants to the United States. Barbara Levy met husband Stewart Boxer as a student at Brooklyn College. After graduating with a bachelor's degree in economics, Barbara Boxer worked as a stockbroker for three years while her husband attended law school. In 1965, the couple moved to northern California,.
House-originated bill that stripped the budget of funding for the Affordable Care Act
Boxer voted for H.R.325 -- No Budget, No Pay Act of 2013]
Boxer has said she thinks the minimum wage should be raised to be about $10 an hour to help close the ever-growing gap between the working poor and the rich and to promote a healthy nation
Violence Against Women (2013)
I have consistently fought against efforts to hasten the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline permit because it would significantly increase dangerous carbon pollution and the impacts of climate change.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer
Barbara Boxer - Three years from now
I think she will include keystone but mainly minimum wage because that's an even bigger issue with American families that live on minimum wage which , 3.8 million workers were paid at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25 in 2011