NOON DUTIES NEEDED
August 4th, 2022
JOIN THE FUN!
Homestead is in need of additional Noon Duties to join our rockstar Noon Duty staff. If you or someone you know would be interested in joining the husky team please call Kasey at 907-742-3550. The hours are 10:45 AM - 1:15 PM daily.
Our current Noon Duty staff consists of Conchi, Mimi, and Karen. Conchi has been a Noon Duty at Homestead for over 30 years, and Karen and Mimi are heading into their 10th school year. We will be welcoming our newest Duty, Sarah Berry this fall and are looking forward to an amazing year at Homestead! Go Huskies!
NOON DUTY DUTIES
Following are required:
1. A high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to maintain productive relationships with others.
The following are preferred:
1. Experience working with children in a job-related capacity or as a volunteer.
2. Knowledge of children’s games and outdoor sports.
3. Knowledge of school rules and regulations regarding safety and student behavior.
4. Ability to resolve problems, handle conflicts, and make effective decisions under pressure.
5. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
6. Ability to work well with adults and children in school settings.
7. Ability to enforce school rules and safety regulations effectively.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists students during lunch hours by supervising orderly flow of students in obtaining lunches.
2. Monitors conduct of students in hallways to and from classrooms.
3. Aids in collecting and putting on outdoor apparel.
4. Provides assistance to children with special needs.
5. Encourages students to practice good eating habits and observe school safety rules, and promotes good sportsmanship when students participate in wholesome recreational activities.
6. Assists students in resolving minor conflicts on the playground.
7. Reports unauthorized activities, unauthorized persons, and inappropriate student behavior on school grounds to appropriate authorities.
8. Assists students indoors and outdoors. May be exposed to varying and extreme weather conditions. 9. May perform duties of temporary crossing guard. Physical /Mental Demands The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs.
Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability. Work Environment Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Anchorage School District (ASD) employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This also includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, co-workers, and the public; as well as have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check. For certificated positions, this is in addition to the background check conducted through the certification process with the Alaska State Department of Education and Early Development (DEED). This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit the government REAL ID website for additional information. The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.