OUR LADY OF LOURDES SCHOOL T4 W6
TE KURA O TO MATOU WAHINE O RUATA
HELLO, KIA ORA, KIA ORĀNA, MĀLŌ E LELEI, TALOFA, NAMASTE, KUMUSTA...
Nau mai, haere mai, welcome to Week 6: Wiki te ono
Thank you for all your support over the last few days. We have certainly been hit hard this time with Covid and other illnesses. With this in mind, we have had to make the hard call to cancel the following big school events for the rest of the year as we would be bringing large numbers of people together at a time when we have increased sickness in children and staff. We have a duty of care and safety for children and staff and to our wider community.
Unfortunately the following will no longer take place:
- School Athletics now cancelled
- OLOL Christmas in the Park now cancelled
- Christmas float - school float cancelled for this year
- Junior trip postponed for now - we hope to have this in Term 1, 2023.
TERM 4 DATES:
Thursday November 24 - Basketball session #4 Coach Miles
Friday November 25 - Teacher Paid Union meeting from 1.30pm. (school will remain open)
Monday November 28 - CLASSROOM SWIMMING BEGINS - please get your child to bring their togs and towel everyday from this week please
Friday December 2 - Road Patrollers movie (to be confirmed)
Tuesday December 13 - Graduation Mass for Year 6 and their families from 6-7.30pm
Wednesday December 14 - Final assembly @11.30am, which will be held outside SCHOOL CLOSED FOR THE YEAR @ 12.30pm
Mā te Atua koutou e manaaki/May God keep and bless you
The OLOL Team
FROM THE BOARD MEETING
- The end of year data was shared and we will show this below. This year we have had many obstacles in the way and it is amazing to see how well our children have done.
- Beginning to design our Three Year Strategic plan and from this our 2023 Annual Plan with priorities for the year - we will share our Draft plan with you and would enjoy your ideas as well. There are new National Learning Priorities (NELPS) and new curriculum refreshments coming out for Literacy and Numeracy as well as a new RE Curriculum that we will begin work on.
- Setting a budget for 2023 that reflects our priorities as a school
- Agreed to the painting of the outside of the Administration block which will begin at the end of the term and move through the holidays
- Agreed to ordering new blinds for the junior rooms - this will help our children in the warmer months
- Working with Awesome Art to begin to revitalise areas of the school - by the front of the school sign, class numbers, and a few other interesting pieces of work.
- Discussion over the senior playground
- Ordering of some new furniture in the classrooms with more to come in 2023
We are still looking to hold a Working Bee - we will be in touch with another date.
So some very exciting things happening.
CLASSES AND ROOMS for 2023
We can confirm:
Room 1: Okatia Tahi - Miss Jemma Smith - Year 0/1 with another teacher being employed during the year when numbers increase. Mrs O'Connor will support Jemma as her Tutor teacher
Room 3: Okatia Toru - Mrs Cheetham - Year 2 - Monday to Thursday, with Mrs O'Connor on Friday
Room 4: Tū Manawa 4 - Mrs Moor - Year 3 and 4
Room 5: Tū Manawa 5 - Mrs Pedley - Year 3 and 4
Room 6:Te Āwhina Ono - Year 5 with teacher to be confirmed
Room 8: Te Āwhina Waru - Year 5/6 - Mr Anderson
Term 4 - Monday 17th October - 14th December @12.30pm school closed for the year
TERM 1 DATES 2023
Term 1 - first day of school 2023 is Tuesday January 31st - Thursday 6 April (Easter)
Term 2 - April 24 (Teacher Only day), 25th ANZAC day. Term 2 begins April 26-June 30
Term 3 - 17 July - 22 September
Term 4 - 9 October - December 14 (to be confirmed)
Br Peter Bray's upcoming tour
Brother Peter Bray FSC, the Kiwi Vice-Chancellor of Bethlehem University, will make a NZ speaking tour on behalf of the bishops to all our Catholic Dioceses early next year, to talk about the Holy Land, his work with his students, and the lives of other ordinary Palestinians. In preparation for the tour, he is making three videos; the second has just been issued. It is very powerful. View it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R17kia53-GY
Go here for more information about the videos and Br Peter’s speaking tour:https://www.catholic.org.nz/news/media-releases/brpeter-video2/
Br Peter’s hopes to start his speaking tour about 24 January, likely starting in Hawkes Bay, followed by Palmerston North, Taranaki, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton, Auckland and Whangarei, ending about 8 February. The NZCBC will make his firm itinerary available when it is settled.
Communications Adviser, NZ Catholic Bishops Conference
Te Huinga o ngā Pīhopa Katorika o Aotearoa
Mobile: 021 611 052