The Circus in Room 3
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
I hope all of you mothers and grandmothers had a wonderful Mother's Day today. I hope everyone enjoyed the special gift your child made for you. If you have not yet received it, have your child remember to check their agenda... it's in the front pocket! :-D
- Please note that the last day of school, May 26th, is now a half day. Students will be dismissed at 11:00am.
- Kindergarten PALS reading testing will take place all day on Friday, May 13th. Please have your student get a good night's sleep the night before.
- May 9-20 - Kindergarten PALS testing
- May 23rd - Field Day/ STEM Day
- May 24th, 9:00-10:30 - Kindergarten End of Year Award Ceremonies
- May 26th - Last Day of School! 11am dismissal
This Week's Learning Goals
- continue to practice and use reading strategies when listening to and reading stories. (Reading SOLs: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.8, K.9, K.10)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- use technology for writing. (Writing SOL: K.13)
- combine two sets of objects and determine the sum, where the sum is not greater than 10. (Math SOL: K.6)
- determine the result of taking away part of a set of up to 10 objects. (Math SOL: K.6)
- describe some simple changes animals undergo during their life cycles. This may include changes in their body size, color, covering, or shape. (Science SOL: K.7)
- compare and contrast young animals with their parents, using pictures and/or live organisms. (Science SOL: K.7)
This Month's Birthdays
May 1st - Benjamin Galanti