Pride of the Tribe
Week of October 22, 2018
Project-Based Learning...GIVE IT A TRY!
Ms. Range is a great resource for project-based learning ideas and she is always willing to share!
Nuts & Bolts
- Aim For Success Student Presentation - Please follow schedule sent via email from Mrs. Gillum.
- Bathroom Monitoring - I am requesting male teachers make concerted efforts to check boys bathrooms frequently. Recently we have been successful in catching a few in the act of vaping!
- 45 Minute Evaluations - If you are ready to get it done, email your appraiser with a date. We will begin sending two-week windows for you to schedule. Please remember a pre-conference form/meeting will need to be completed before the evaluation can be conducted.
- Reminder to start thinking about your technology project that will be showcased in February. EVERY teacher is expected to submit a project. Check out Tammy's Tech Tuesday Smores for information on requirements.
- College Door Competition - November 6th is right around the corner! Dr. Sandra will be judging the doors.
- Electives/CTE Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Regional XC Meet
- Aim For Success Parent Night, 6:00pm
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Flu Shots @ 7:45am
- Picture Retakes
- Aim For Success Student Program (schedule sent)
- Volleyball vs Celina @ SHS, 5pm
- Parent Meeting for Ireland trip, Lecture Hall, 6:00pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Faculty Meeting, 7:45am
- 9th/JV/V Football vs Paris HS @ SHS, 5:00pm
- V Football vs Paris HS @ Paris HS, 7:00pm
- UIL Area Band Competition, C. H. Collins, TBA
- Bass Fishing @ Little Ridge Park
- Trunk or Treat @ SHS, 4:00-6:00pm
- Haunted House @ SHS, 8:00-10:00pm
School Status Usage Reports & Top Users
At SchoolStatus, we're all about removing communication barriers so educators can do something with data. You can now flag contact numbers to ensure numbers get updated in your Student Information System!
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS MONTH BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE COUNSELORS!
- Buy a Sonic drink for a friend or stranger.
- Recognize acts of kindness in others.
- Give someone a small gift anonymously.
- Help someone put their groceries in their car.
- Pay for food for the next person in line.
- Pull up your neighbors empty trash cans.
- Send a thank you note to someone.
- Hold the door open for someone.
I Leave You With This...