A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of April 29, 2019
A Message from Principal Grey:
Dear Grant Community,
Your commitment to student success and our community embodies our school's vision and not a day goes by that your contributions of time and energy aren't appreciated. If you are available this Friday morning, please join us in celebration of your kindness and generosity in the multipurpose room.
Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast, 5/3
Mother's Day Shop & Donate
15% of your mother's day order will go back to Grant!
Teacher Appreciation Week, 5/6-5/10
Masterpiece Painting Party, 5/3
Please join Principal Grey and Miss Yuli for a Masterpiece Painting Party with snacks, games & lots of fun on Friday, May 3rd at Grant from 2:45-4:45 pm. Cost: $35 per child. Only 15 spaces are available. Find the Sign Up Party Binder in the office to sign up by Wednesday, May 1st. Questions? Email Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Book Fair
Grant Librarian, Mrs. Crysdale, needs help with the Spring Book Fair. Specifically, she needs help setting up the fair in the library on Friday, May 17th. We are looking for volunteers from 2:30 pm to about 3:30 pm. The more folks that can help the better and faster it will go! Please email: email@example.com
Would You Like to Help Set up the Grant Art Show?
Please help with set up and take down of the annual Grant Art Show. Cone for an hour or stay all day! We are thankful for the assistance!
Sign up here:
Science Sign-Up Party with Mrs. Casey, 5/3
Cost: $25 per child
Date: Friday, May 3rd
Time: 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
That's a Wrap for Girls on the Run 2018/19
In the Thank You Column
- Thank you to Mrs. Reed, Ms. Beavers and Mrs. Wilson for the awesome PJ sign up party!
- Thank you to the PHS Football players and everyone who participated in the Football clinic sign up to benefit the Grant PTA!
- Thank you to Goddess of the Grant office, Shantina Willits, for her outstanding partnership in coordinating our Grant PTA After School Enrichment classes. From handling all the paperwork, to working out the puzzle of available locations to hold classes, to answering questions and directing both providers and kids, your hard work is so appreciated.
- A hearty congratulations to all our Grant student stars that took the stage in Alice in Wonderland. You were awesome! Again, many thanks to all the parents and families who helped put on the show.
- Thank you to Girl's on the Run and Coach Hilbert for a great season and an exciting end run! Big thanks to Coaches: Lisa, Karen, Debbie and Brittney from Sonoma State and honorary junior coach, Miss Kate Doherty!
At A Glance
May 3- Volunteer Breakfast (7:55-8:30)
May 6-10- Staff Appreciation Week
May 14- Westside relays
May 21- Spring Concert in Grant's Multi (6:30 pm Band, 7:30 pm Chorus)
May 23- Open House and Art Show
May 20-24- Spring Book Fair
May 24- 6th-grade Celebration (1 pm)
May 27- Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL)
May 30- Field Day
May 31- Last day of school- NOON RELEASE