Week of April 27th, 2015
Tuesday, April 28th
- 3rd Grade field trip to the Perot Museum
Wednesday, April 29th
- Walk 'n Roll Wednesday
Thursday, April 30th
- Sock Hop and PTA General Meeting 6:00-7:30 PM
Saturday, May 2nd
- Fun Family Fitness Day at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Monday, May 4th
- Second Grade field trip to Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch
Wednesday, May 6th
- Bike to School Day
- Nurse Appreciation Day
Thursday, May 7th
- Kindergarten Performance starts at 6:30 (students need to be here at 6:00)
Friday, May 8th
- Kindergarten field trip to the Outdoor Learning Center
Week of May 4th - 8th - Teacher Appreciation Week
Plano Senior High School Early Learning Center
Now enrolling for the 2015-16 school year!
· Ages 3 and 4 (must be potty-trained)
· 3 year olds attend Tuesday and Thursday 9:10-2:10
· 4 year olds attend Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:10-2:10 and Tuesdays from 9:10-11:40
· Certified/degreed teacher assisted by PSHS students that are enrolled in the education and training program
· Designed so that each preschool child may develop to their fullest potential at their own pace
· Emphasis on the growth and development of the whole child: Physical, emotional, social, and intellectual areas
· Activity based curriculum includes phonics, language & literacy, math, science, art, music & movement, physical (indoor & outdoor), social skills development, and lots of FUN!
Come join us for an enthusiastic, educational year of exploration
Early Learning Center Preschool at Plano Senior High School
2200 Independence Parkway * 469-752-9390*
Art with Mrs. Bailey
Don’t forget to visit the Social Media page of our Digital Art Studio at: https://sites.google.com/a/pisd.edu/artwithbailey/social to check out all the wonderful lessons your students are reflecting learning and sharing with the world on our twitter feed! Also please follow @RasorARTISTS for the most up to date reflections from the art room!
Please check out the music Google Site at www.tinyurl.com/picklesmusic for student websites, music, and parent information. You can see and follow what is going on in the music classroom through Twitter @Picklesclass.
Kindergarten Concert on May 7th at 6:30PM. Our students will be singing a collection of learning songs for our Rasor families to enjoy. Please have the Kindergarteners in their classrooms by 6:00PM before the performance.
Field Day will once again be held on the Rasor campus. All of the games will reflect one of the Dr. Seuss book titles. Please consider volunteering your time to help make this a fun event for our students. All volunteers must complete a background check with the district prior to this day. Guests will be limited to the cafeteria for lunch with their student. Thank you for understanding and considering being a volunteer.
Please consider donating a few of your green plastic Easter eggs to the PE department for Field Day. We will use them in the "green eggs and ham" game. Thanks for sending them with your child to give to one of the coaches. We appreciate it!
Pictures of Book Fair are needed for our PTA Scrapbook. Please send pictures to email@example.com. You can also drop off CDs or zip files to the front office. Please label with your child’s name and teacher and they will be returned.
We currently have 67 people who are using this app to support Rasor elementary! About $150 has been raised for Rasor since August - just by taking a picture of your receipts!!! Please keep sharing the word - it is fast, easy to use, and free money for our school:)
The more people we get to use this app, the more money we raise to fund programs at Rasor!
Ways to Help Rasor
Rasor LOVES our volunteers. To become a volunteer you must first complete a background check. You can begin this process at - http://www.pisd.edu/about.us/partners.volunteers/index.shtml. Click on the volunteer application link to begin this process. You must complete a new background check after every July 1st for every new school year.
Rasor Elementary participates in the box top program. We receive 10 cents for each Box Top. If each child brought in one Box Top each week, we could earn $50 a week. That would be $1800 during the course of the year. Just think of the wonderful things PTA could do with those funds to support our students and teachers!
You can also earn Rasor even more money by signing up on the Box Tops for Education website: www.boxtops4education.com
Good Neighbor Program
Help support your school by linking your Tom Thumb reward card to Rasor PTA! Simply link your reward card using the Rasor Good Neighbor Number. Every time you shop at Tom Thumb using your reward card, Rasor gets a percent donation from Tom Thumb. There is no additional cost to you!
2014-2015 Rasor Elementary PTA Good Neighbor Number: 8733
How to help:
1. Fill out the "Good Neighbor Program" form (HERE).
2. Take the form to the customer service desk at your local Tom Thumb store.
3. Tom Thumb will link Rasor PTA to your reward card.
4. You only have to link your reward card one time. After you are linked,
every time you shop at Tom Thumb and use your reward card, Rasor PTA benefits!
Take Charge of Education
Target has a program called “Take Charge of Education”. If you have a Target Red card you can link it to Rasor. Then 1% of all purchases made using your Target Visa card will be donated back to Rasor! If you wish to link your card or apply for a Target card, you can register online at www.target.com. Please click HERE for more details on enrolling.
RASOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
945 HEDGECOXE ROAD, PLANO, TX 75025
School ID: 100527