for 21st Century Learners
READING is the foundation for education, development and pleasure for a lifetime
Learners use Standards to:
1. Inquire, think critically and gain knowledge.
2. Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations and create new knowledge.
3. Share knowledge and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society.
4. Pursue personal and aesthetic growth.
From "Beginning to the End-less" Education
1. Development of Fundamental Skills
Principle abilities needed for personal interpretation, learning, reasoning and mastering all subjects.
2. Produce Disposition in Action
Continuous beliefs and considerations that influence the thought process and intellectual actions so they can be determined through observable behavior.
3. Create Responsibilities
Basic behaviors used by independent learners in researching, investigating and problem solving.
4. Evolution of Self-Assessment Strategies
Considerations of one's own learning process to ascertain which skills, dispositions and responsibilities are productive.
It IS as Easy a 1,2,3...4!
Education has come a long way...
Utilize the ALA's great resources on this link to a create great lesson plans.