For the Week of May 7-11
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
Snow Day Makeup Information - REVISED 4-13-18
LCS received an official communication from the Michigan Department of Education on April 13, 2018 regarding inclement weather make up days.
On behalf of all county school districts, the Lapeer County ISD filed a waiver requesting that additional days be forgiven, and today’s MDE communication formally approved that request.
Therefore, several of the previously identified inclement weather make up days will be adjusted as follows:
- May 25, 2018 will be a non-attendance day for students and staff for both the traditional AND year round schedules
- June 15, 2018 will be the last scheduled student attendance day for both the traditional AND year round schedules
What's Up this Week?
Monday, May 7 -
- "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle
Tuesday, May 8 -
- M-STEP Testing today; Signs will be posted
- Catholic Charities/Truancy Prevention program from 5:00-7:00
Wednesday, May 9 –
- "Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought." Napoleon Hill
Thursday, May 10 -
- M-STEP testing today; Signs will be posted
Friday, May 11 -
- PTC Popcorn Day
- Mrs. Tripp's class to Crossroads Village
- Water Filtration System Assembly in the PM
Spirit Week for Water Filters for Haiti
- Monday, May 14 - PJ, Slipper, Pillow Day
- Tuesday, May 15 - Costume Day
- Wednesday, May 16 - Disney Superhero Day
- Thursday, May 17 - Dress up Day for students/Dress Down Day for Staff
- Friday. May 18 - Mix'n Match Day
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
There is an assembly on Friday, May 11th scheduled for each grade level in the afternoon. The purpose of the assembly is for our very own Mr. and Mrs. Smith (Resource Room and 1s grade teacher respectively) to present to the students the water filtration system that they will be helping to install in Haiti over our summer break.
The water filtration systems cost about $80 for one household and the group they are going down there with are installing them for families to have clean water for household use. One of our girl scout troops has already heard about their efforts and are planning a spirit week to raise money to purchase some water filtration systems.
The spirit week is planned for May 14-18 and will include activities like a mix and match day where students participating will bring in a quarter with all the proceeds being collected and donated by the Girl Scouts.
That's being Turrill Tough!!