Print & Digital Teaching Resources
Scholastic Magazines Make Hybrid Lesson Planning Easier
Titles by Subject
Action Magazine (Reading Support)
Storyworks Gr 3
Health & SEL
Science Spin Gr 3
Social Studies & News
Scholastic News Gr 3
Upfront: New York Times for Teens
Spanish & ESL
Que Tal? Magazine
Click on any blue links below to login.
Grades 7 - 12Brings classic and contemporary art to life and increases visual arts knowledge.
- Studio projects synthesize concepts introduced
- Lesson ideas & Studio projects for younger elementary ages too
- Articles about artists and artistic techniques.
- Elements and Principles of art
- Cultural/Historical context
- Visual-analysis questions
- Compare and contrast different artists and works
- Art History
- Create, refine, and convey meaning through artistic works
Action Magazine (ELA-Reading Support)
Grades 6 - 12
Captivating stories and powerful support specifically designed to boost the confidence and skills in language arts and other key content areas.
- High Interest Topics
- Differentiated Reading Levels
- Vocabulary Definitions
- Comprehension Questions
Storyworks Magazine (ELA-Growing Readers)
Grade 3The exciting multigenre magazine for growing readers filled with thrilling and inspiring articles, stories, plays, poems, and debates.
- Lexile® levels from 600L to 950L
- Reading & Writing Prompts
- Vocabulary, Grammar, & Opinion-writing Activities
- Core Skill Workouts: text evidence, main idea & supporting details, inferencing, etc.
Scope Magazine (ELA)
Grades 6 - 8Multi-genre language arts teaching package features stories, skill-building activities, videos, audio and more to engage middle schoolers in any learning setting.
- Lower lexile articles
- Video & Audio
- Vocabulary slideshows
- Family engagement letters
- Close-reading and critical-thinking questions
- Differentiated performance tasks
- Essential Questions
- Grammar and editing activities
Choices Magazine (Health & Social Emotional Learning)
Choices is a current health & SEL resource that fosters must-have skills such as resiliency, stress management and empathy.
- Writing Prompts
- Graphic Organizers
- Slide Shows
Junior Scholastic (Social Studies)
Grades 6 - 8
News, history, and civics for the Social Studies classroom
- Current Events, Geography, American History, World Civilizations
- Colorful maps, graphs, & timelines
- Read-aloud plays
- Primary source documents
- Debate features
Upfront Magazine: New York Times for teens
Grades 9 - 12New York Times articles edited for high school students with in-depth national and world news articles designed and edited to get teenagers reading, talking, and thinking about the world around them.
- Current events, U.S. and world history
- Media literacy
- Vocabulary related to current events, politics, and world affairs
- Evaluating arguments
- Organizing ideas
- Reading charts, maps, and diagrams
- Analyzing photos and political cartoons
Science World Magazine
Grades 6 - 10
Articles cover the Complete Science Curriculum including Biology, Earth and Space Science, Chemistry, Technology, Environmental Science, & STEM.
- Science News
- Hands-On Science experiments
- Career series
- "Gross Out" feature
- Charts, Graphs, Diagrams, & Maps
Que Tal? Magazine (Spanish & ESL)
Level 1, 2, & 3An immersive and accessible introduction to Spanish offers on-level articles that teens want to read. (Intermediate and Advanced versions available as well.)
- Practical vocabulary & scaffolding techniques
- Activities with media to improve grammar & comprehension
- Assign work, monitor progress with new learning management system
- Videos with full transcripts
- Audio: 25 fun listening activities