Mrs. Lamparter's Class
March 7, 2014
- Congratulations to our Star of the Week, James Morrow!Mega Minute forms are DUE on Tuesday, March 11th. Our Mega Minute Celebration will be Friday, March 14th at 8:25 a.m. Remember all minutes count toward our class reading goal!!
- We have had an exciting week with Read Across America on Monday and the Fun Run on Thursday, yet still earned our Craig Characters!! Way to go Lamparter Lightning Team!! I am proud of you!
We are working on:
- * Building sight word vocabulary- W.O.W. Study- our new words this week are: little, want, there, how, eat
- * Knowing letter sounds and blending sounds and chunks together to make words
- * Focusing on reading words with a short vowel in the middle
- * Producing rhyming words
- * Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- * Learning to find the "evidence" in a text to support or explain the author's thinking
- * Working on a non-fiction book about American symbols
- * Learning to write a persuasive or opinion story and phonetically spelling words to write a story
- * Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
We are working on:
- * Counting by fives, tens and ones to 100!!
- * Composing and decomposing numbers 11-19
- * Representing addition and subtraction with objects, mental images, drawings, expressions, and equations
- * Building combinations of 5
- * Recognizing and knowing the value of coins; penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and the dollar bill
- * Counting forward beginning from a given number in sequence
- * Writing numbers and counting sets to 20
- * 1-1 correspondence
- * Comparing sets- more, less, same
- * Using our Math tools- the rekenrek and number line
- * Working on problem solving skills
- * Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- *Mega Minute Forms are due Tuesday, March 11th
- * Mega Minute Celebration will be on Friday, March 14th at 8:20 a.m.
- * Taste of Craig will be on Thursday, March 20th at 6:45 p.m.
- * Mark your calendars for Camp Invention, 2014 at Craig Elementary on
- June 2 – 5, 2014 from 8:00 – 4:00. Our new curriculum – MORPHED!
- Please sign up while discounts are being offered through March 28.
- www.campinvention.org or call 800-968-4332