University of Texas

University of Texas History

  • The department of journalism in the college was organized in 1914
  • Will H. Mayes, editor of the Brownwood Bulletin for 20 years, became the first professor of journalism
  • The school of communication was organized in 1966, bringing together four related departments: speech, journalism, advertising and radio - television - film

Undergraduate Programs

  • School of agriculture
  • Moody college of communication
  • Crockell School of engineering
  • College of natural sciences
  • College of education
  • College of fine arts

Graduate Programs

  • Doctoral program
  • Masters program
  • Research and Theory
  • Hybrid Track program of work
  • Photojournalism Track program of work

Financial Aid and Scholorships

  • scholarship for ROTC
  • scholarship for athletics
  • college of communication scholarships
  • Dr. Ivy McQuiddy scholarship

Contact Info

Phone Number: 512-475-7387

UT in Austin

Office of Admission

P.O. Box 8058

Austin, Tx 78713-8058

100 Years of the UT Austin School of Journalism