E-Readers- An Emerging Technology
Encourage your students reading!
The readers can change, and are constantly being updated so that some now include photo libraries and note taking. OverDrive is a program that allows students to read books from public libraries. Once you have connected to your local library, you use your library card number to download or read on-line the book of your choice. No more overdue fines- books are returned automatically when your loan period is up.
Benefits of an e-reader to the student.
- No one knows what you are reading and what level it is.
- You can change font size as needed.
- Lighting can be adjusted to the reader's liking.
- Readers can take notes and look up words in the dictionary right on the device.
- You can read e-books directly onto your computer screen.
- Books don't seem as thick and therefore may not be as overwhelming to a struggling reader.
- Bookmarks allow readers to highlight vocabulary or other sections of interest.
Places we can read for free!- Just a small selection.
Mrs. Elizabeth Winningham
Avon Middle School South
(Tuesday AM, Wednesday- Friday)
Avon Intermediate School West
(Monday and Tuesday PM)
AMS South Student Government Sponsor
Member of the Indiana YHBA 20115-16 6-8 Selection Committee
Book Reviewer for Library Media Connection