Lee Middle School 2014-2015
Georgia Milestones Assessment System Update...
Features the Georgia Milestone Assessment System include:
- open-ended (constructed-response) items in language arts and mathematics (all grades and courses);
- a writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the language arts assessment;
- norm-referenced items in all content areas and courses, to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison; and
- transition to online administration over time, with online administration considered the primary mode of administration and paper-pencil as back-up until the transition is complete.
What is the purpose of Georgia Milestones?
What content areas and grade levels are tested?
Students in grades 3 through 8 will take an end-of-grade assessment in the content areas of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies. These tests are administered towards the end of the school year, typically in April or early May. Each school district selects a local testing window from within the state designated timeframe to administer the end-of-grade measures.
Students at the high school level will take an end-of-course assessment in the following eight courses:
- Language Arts
- Ninth Grade Literature and Composition
- American Literature and Composition
- Coordinate Algebra
- Analytic Geometry
- Physical Science
- Social Studies
- United States History
- Economics/Business/Free Enterprise