Adding or Removing a Spouse
A Life-Change Event
Time is Ticking - 30 Days
You advised that you are adding/deleting your spouse for one of the following events that occurred within the last 30 days:
· Your spouse recently loss employment
· Your spouse recently gain employment and benefits
· You were recently divorced
Please include documentation to support the above change that occurred within the last 30 days along with the required Enrollment Change Form (termination letter, marriage certificate, new hire letter, divorce certification, etc.)
Please see the rates sheet to review plan rates and applicable stipend amounts -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n-S-SfKWkvvKlhChJggm_O05n43XQZ-8/view?usp=sharing
Spousal Coordination of Benefits Policy
Make sure you click the button below to review the Spousal Coordination of Benefits Video.
There are two important questions to consider before enrolling your spouse in a State of Delaware health plan with prescription coverage:
Does your spouse work full-time or a retiree from an employer that offers health insurance?
Does your spouse pay 50% or less of the premium for the lowest active or retiree health plan available to them?
If you answered “Yes” to both of these questions, then your spouse is most likely required to enroll in his or her employer’s coverage. Again, please review the Spousal Coordination Video for more information.
IMPORTANT: If you cover your spouse in one of the State of Delaware’s health plans, you MUST complete a Spousal COB Form during initial enrollment, EACH YEAR during Open Enrollment and anytime their employment or insurance status changes. Failure to complete the Spousal COB Form and/or provide additional documentation when required may result in a reduction of spousal benefits.
Again, take a moment to review the Spousal Coordination Video below.
Additional OPTIONAL Forms
In addition, this is a great time to review your tax forms. See links below to review for IRS Tax Forms.
Having Trouble Accessing Employee Self Service
HOW TO VIEW AND ACCESS YOUR PAYSTATEMENT AND PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION
All staff – (Part-Time, Full-Time, Casual/Seasonal, EPER & Student Workers) have access to Employee Self Service (ESS). This is where you will view your paycheck, access your personal information to update your contact information; home address, telephone and view your benefits. Access to ESS is through my.delaware.gov. ALL State of Delaware employees (Colonial School District staff) are required to setup their my.delaware.gov accounts. If you have not yet taken action to do this, please take a moment. There’s a video link below that will walk you through the step by step instructions on how to setup the account. This is a great tool for anyone who needs support with the process my.delaware.gov.
Link to Creating Your My.Delaware.Gov Account: https://youtu.be/4-Qm-b9edho
Link to My.Delaware.Gov: State of Delaware - Sign In
- There is a 24-72 hour delay from when you complete the steps to setup and activate the account to when you will see the ESS tile appear within your my.delaware.gov account. If you are planning to attend and of the First Payday Workshops on Sept 9th, you MUST have taken action to setup and activate your account no later than Tuesday, Sept 6th
- If after the 24-72 hour wait timeframe you do not see the Employee Self Service tile/box, then message Shelley Vincent (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the home email address you entered when registering for the account.
- You can also contact Dept of Technology (DTI) direclty at 1-866-751-7833 to request tech support. Please note Colonial School District Technology team is not responsible for my.delaware.gov – this is run through DTI.
- If you setup your account during the previous school year, OR you transferred to Colonial School District from another State of Delaware School District, Charter or Merit agency, then you will use the same information/account previously setup
Colonials School District Benefits
- Through mail - see address below
- Fax 302 323 2748
- Scan through email - see email address below
- Text message 302 365 0685