Truman PR/EL Counselor Corner
Healthy Choices Week
Truman Holiday Assistance
- Friday Backpack student weekend food assistance
- Thanksgiving Food Baskets (CONTACT by NOV. 3rd)
- Christmas Gift Assistance (CONTACT BY NOV. 12th)
Share Your Shelf Food Drive
Please place non-perishable foods here November 1-4!
Truman Elementary will be collecting food in the front foyer (Monday through Thursday)
FIDGETS NEEDED for Truman Elementary Calm Spaces
We have provided this space for many years and we now are needing to replenish our calming boxes. This is where you can help! All those fidgets that your children have grown tired of or abandoned can be donated to Truman.
What we need:
and anything else that would be helpful.
We also can use copies of books that deal with stress, worry, anger and frustration.
Your students may bring these to the office or donate them to their classroom box.
Thank you for helping us to have safe spaces for students to regulate when at school.
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Below is a list of agencies and sites that are able to provide your family with needed supports:
Cleveland County list of available food pantries:
- Christmas Connection: Call us at 405-634-2006
- The Christmas Store Application Applications will be completed at the Christmas Store (South of DHS), 641 East Robinson, Norman, OK by one of our volunteers. Please ensure you have brought all the required information above or we will be unable to complete your application and you will have to start the process over when you return. Monday, November 8th 10 am – 12 Noon. 6 pm – 8 pm. Tuesday, November 9th 10 am – 12 Noon. 6 pm – 8 pm. Wednesday, November 10th 10 am – 12 Noon. 6 pm – 8 pm. Friday, November 12th 10 am – 12 Noon. Monday, November 15th 6 pm – 8 pm. Monday, November 22nd 5 pm – 8 pm. Friday, November 29th 5 pm – 8 pm.
Terri Welborn - Truman Elementary Counselor
Denise Massey - Truman Primary Counselor
Mrs. Massey is the school counselor at Truman Primary. She graduated with her Bachelor's from the University of Oklahoma and her Master's from the University of Central Oklahoma. Mrs. Massey enjoys gardening, musicals, Sooner football, OKC Thunder basketball, and playing with her puppies.
I believe it is my job to serve as a resource for you. If you have any needs or concerns, please reach out.