~ Hawley Elementary School Newsletter: May 23, 2022 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
Hawley Loves to Read Week brought an Author's Visit, Spirit Week, and a plethora of engaging, wonderful activities.
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .....
~ Hawley Loves to READ Week ~
Thank You PTA for funding the Author!
~ Hawley PTA ~
Our PTA has some Wonderful Upcoming Events and general information for Hawley Families.
- Outdoor Movie Night is THIS Friday, 5/27. Arrival begins at 6:30, with the movie, Encanto, beginning at dusk/8:00. Water, candy, and cotton candy will be available for concession and there will be an ice cream truck onsite plus pizza to be pre-ordered. Must RSVP. Click HERE for more information.
- Field Day is Friday, 6/10. The below flyers give you information about the events of the day as well as how to Volunteer. If you have difficulty Volunteering (the link is in the flyer), contact Daisha Lahey (email@example.com) Flyers: English, Portuguese, Mandarin, Spanish
- Math SuperStars: The Math Superstars program has ended, please make sure that all remaining worksheets are turned in.
Important Reminders / General Info
- THIS Friday, May 27 is a 3-HR Early Release Day (12:37) for Professional Development.
- COVID tests are still available, please let us know if you need more
- Now that we are having Volunteers back in the building, remember to be able to Volunteer, you need to fill out a Volunteer Waiver Form. They are available on our Website under Parent Resources on the very top bar (Click Here).
- Thank you for your continued support and for all the kind words and messages. They truly keeps us going!
Out of the Mouths of Babes.....
Teachers made worms and hid them all over the school for Hawley Loves to Read Week (one of the Author's popular characters is a worm named Carl).
The students went on a Worm Hunt!
" Mr. M! You have a worm on your eyebrow " an excited student shouted
" What? " asked a confused and semi-concerned Mr. M
" I just saw the worm on your eyebrow " repeated the student
" There is nothing on my face " said Mr. M rubbing his forehead
" No, on the picture of you down the hall " said the student referring to the painting of ALBERT EINSTEIN!!!???