Hamilton IT Update - Edition 4
Short Throw Projectors
Please let me know if you would like some support in setting up and/or using your short throw projector
Blue Netbook Folders
Thank you for your support in filling in the blue netbook folders during form. Data from this is used by Jade to determine which students need to return their device to school. This information is required on a fortnightly basis.
Still some room left if you would like to be involved in Peer Coaching. Please email through your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tools For Engagement
Prezi is a presentation tool that can be used as an alternative to traditional slide making programs such as PowerPoint. Instead of slides, Prezi makes use of one large canvas that allows you to pan and zoom to various parts of the canvas and emphasize the ideas presented there.
(Taken from oregonstate.edu/tac/prezi)
Resetting Student Passwords
1. Go to portal.det.wa.edu.au and login
2. Scroll down to the “application list” and click on the “DET Account Manager(DAM)”
3. Input part of the students name—first name OR surname. Click search. It will show all results matching what you typed, ie searching for “luke” as the first name, will show ALL students who have “luke” as part of their first name.
4. Click on the students name so that they are highlighted in yellow.
5. Once you have selected your student, go down to the “Password Reset” area.
6. If the “Force Change at Next Login” box is ticked you are giving them a TEMPORARY PASSWORD. This means the student will attempt to login ONCE and then the computer with FORCE them to change their password to something that the student has picked.
7. If the box is NOT ticked, then you are SETTING that student’s password to whatever you have typed in. They can log straight in with that password.
Article Title: The latest learning technology can raise the standards of education for everyone.
Brief Synopsis: Technology makes life better. It allows people from across the globe to collaborate as if seated around the same table, has allowed 3D printing to become a reality and makes it possible to master Guitar Hero from the comfort, and privacy, of our living rooms. As technology changes the world around us, it is also transforming education. Technology at its best can empower teachers and students, raise standards and improve outcomes for those who learn.
Hamilton SHS Digital Learning Community
We are a group of teachers at Hamilton SHS that are passionate about using digital technology to support students to learn. We are interested in your feedback about this publication - please contact us on the details below.
Educating the workforce, retrieved 16/7/2014, Awesome: http://awesome.good.is/transparency/web/1105/educating-the-workforce/flat.html
Cartoon image, retrieved 16/7/2014, Samanage http://www.samanage.com/blog/?attachment_id=10189&doing_wp_cron=1405492256.8786768913269042968750