Open Teacher Training Course
This refers to the conduct that is socially acceptable in an online or digital situation.
- Avoid typing in all caps or enlarged script which is the equivalent to yelling or shouting.
- Anything that is typed can be made public, so make sure anything that is typed is respectful and courteous.
- Use the sandwich method - start an email with something positive or with a nice greeting, include the content whether positive or negative, and end on a positive note.
Online Classroom Etiquette
- Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
- Address a parent as Ms. or Mr.
- Always begin an email with a student's name instead of just merely jumping into the content of the message.
- Remember to identify yourself on the phone letting the recipient know the reason for your call.
- Send emails with positive information about students in addition to the required emails about failing grades, lack of work, etc.
- Keep parents informed and in-the-loop.