Family : Filoviridae
Genus : Ebolavirus
- Healthcare providers caring for Ebola patients and family/friends that are in close contact with the infected are at high risk of getting sick.
- Also, if you live somewhere in Africa then you have a higher chance of getting it.
- Symptoms include sudden fever, severe headache, muscle pain, weakness, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and unexplained bleeding.
- Ebola damages every organ or tissue in the body except for the bones.It dampens the immune system response, later leading to clots. Once the clots form, it stops blood supply to some organs.
- You could find this virus in parts of Africa, such as Uganda, Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, etc. A person would come in contact with this virus if they lived in Africa , and is likely to get it if there are not proper resources.
- Ways to defend yourself include practicing careful hygiene, avoiding contact with infected body fluids, and not consuming raw / undercooked meats.
- For prevention- there is no prevention from this virus so far.
- Treatments- No actual treatment, but if detected early: can increase chances of survival, providing IV and balancing electrolyes.