Benefits of Edamame
by : Ashley Combs
1. The United States produces half of the world’s soybeans.
2. An excellent plant source of high-quality protein.
3. In Japan, edamame are often boiled in salty water still in their pods and served as bar food.
4. most commonly found frozen in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets and natural-foods stores.
5. Edamame delivers fiber and some iron.
2. Soy protein may help reduce insulin resistance, kidney damage, and fatty liver in people with diabetes, according to a study in rats.
3. It remains prudent to recommend soy in a heart-healthy diet.
4. A study in women reported that regular consumption of soy foods was associated with healthy cholesterol levels.
5. The United States produces half of the world’s soybeans.