As the heart of the gifted community, the mission of the SAGE Center is to ensure all students, as members of a global society, foster their uniqueness, develop their potential, and embrace their true belonging through learning experiences distinguished by:
- Courageous exploration and discovery of passions in a flexible and innovative environment
- Support systems for students, staff, and community
- Ownership and self-regulation in a student-driven culture
Home of the SAGE Illuminators
Welcome Back to the SAGE Center!
We are SOOO excited to finally have our Illuminators back at the SAGE Center! Please see below for specifics on start days, drop off / pick up times, and much more!
SAGE will follow all Return to School guidelines that North Kansas City provides. Students should plan on wearing a mask at all times to SAGE, with the exception of lunch, recess, and outdoor activities where social distancing is available.
Students will also be expected to practice physical distancing and sanitize their hands upon arrival and dismissal to the SAGE Center. Please see additional specifics below in the Return to School flyers.
We can't wait to see our Illuminators!
- Students who ride the bus will be delivered and dismissed through the lower level bus loop.
- Please avoid this area when visiting the SAGE Center.
Car Rider Drop Off Time:
- Kindergarten - 5th grades: Drop off between 9:20 - 9:30 a.m.
- 6th - 8th grades: Drop off between 9:20 - 9:30 a.m.
- Parents who are dropping off at the SAGE Center should pull through the upper lot circle drive. Students will enter through the Southside double doors of the Center.
- The circle drive is ONE WAY.
- Please pull all the way to the cones before stopping and unloading.
Pick Up Times:
- Kindergarten - 5th grades: Pick up 3 p.m.
- 6th - 8th grades: Pick up 1:45 p.m.
- Parents who are picking students up from the SAGE Center should pull through the upper lot circle drive and wait until students are released.
- The circle drive is ONE WAY.
- Please pull all the way to the cones before stopping and loading.
Start dates of SAGE are listed below.
*Students who are running late from the specified drop off time MUST enter through the Southside SAGE double doors. Please do not enter through the east side as this is a public entrance only.
Below are the SAGE teachers facilitating Virtual SAGE:
- K-3rd: Ms. Kari Lund
- 4th-5th: Mrs. Julie Goldsberry
- 6th - 8th: Mrs. Lara Owsley & Mrs. Melissa Torres
What Day Does SAGE Begin?
Elementary SAGE Days
K - 5th grade students - First Days beginning September 15th - See below
6th - 8th grade students - First Days beginning September 15th - See below
Elementary SAGE Days:
- Tuesdays - 3rd, 5th (Sept. 15)
- Wednesdays - 2nd, 5th (Sept. 16)
- Thursdays - 2nd, 4th (Sept. 17)
- Fridays - K, 1st, 4th, 5th (Sept. 18)
- Mondays - 3rd, 4th (Sept. 21)
Middle School SAGE Days: Blue & Gold Schedule
As a reminder, SAGE students in grades 6-8 will participate in a Hybrid / Alternating SAGE Schedule through Scenario 2. Please click below for the Blue & Gold Schedule.
Middle School SAGE Days:
- See the school schedule below and the Blue / Gold Calendar.
- Blue week begins Tuesday, September 15th
- Gold week begins Monday, September 21st
Although the regular schools may have Wednesday contact days in September and in October, SAGE will not have contact days on Wednesdays until the district pivots to Scenario 1.
Below is the 6th - 8th grade Blue & Gold Schedule
Please be aware of two things that are different from the district's secondary hybrid schedule:
- There will be no middle school in-person student contact on Wednesdays at SAGE while we're in Scenario 2.
- November 23rd & 24th will be different for SAGE as well. We will only have Blue, Monday on the 11/23. We will not hold middle school SAGE on Nov 24th.
Click below to download the 6th-8th grade Blue & Gold Schedule
SAGE Parent Handbook
We encourage all of our families to become familiar with the Parent Handbook as it provides important information about the procedures and policies of the SAGE Center.
Please keep in mind that the Handbook was written for a 'typical' school year. Some procedures and policies have been adjusted for the current situation as written in the Reopening Guidelines below.
- Please see above for the link to the SAGE Parent Handbook. It includes all important information pertaining to procedures and policies for the SAGE Center. An updated version will be available in late September.
- Students who ride the bus will be delivered and dismissed through the lower level bus loop. Please avoid this area when visiting the SAGE Center.
- Students who are dropped off or picked up from the SAGE Center should enter and exit from the South double doors of the Center. Please ring the door bell for admittance.
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up near the main entrance of the Northland Innovation Center as this is a public entrance for all tenants of the building.
- Thank you for for remembering that all Visitors to the SAGE Center should enter / exit through the South doors of the Center - near the 1st floor circle drive. During this time period, visitors will only be allowed to enter / exit through the office for a brief period of time. Visitors will not be allowed to stay in the building.
- Masks are required in all areas of the NIC.
- At this time, there are no visitors at lunch on any SAGE day. We will let you know when this changes.
- May be kept up to date by visiting the "My Payments Plus" link below located in the "SAGE Lunch Times" section. Free and Reduced Lunch applications are also available.
Thank you for adhering to the above policies and procedures.
At this time, K-5 students will eat lunch while physically distanced in the Cafeteria and Art Area on the Lower Level. Students in grades 6 - 8 will eat upstairs using the Middle School level. They will spread out through the classroom spaces.
Students may opt to bring their lunch each SAGE day. Students will wash their hands / sanitize before their meal and again immediately after. Students will be allowed to remove their masks during lunch, but must place it back on after they're finished eating.
11:30 a.m. - 11:55 a.m. - 6th - 8th grades (2nd floor)
11:30 a.m. - 11:55 a.m. - PEGS 3rd - 6th grades (Cafeteria)
12:00 p.m. - 12:25 p.m. - Group A: 4th & 5th grades (Cafeteria)
12:30 p.m. - 12:55 p.m. - Group B: 4th 7 5th grades (Cafeteria)
Below are the links to the Menus for SAGE and NKC Schools.
Scroll to "Menus" and look for "SAGE." It is typically under the Middle School tab, but the menu is for all K - 8 SAGE students.
Big Three Behavior Expectations
Students are expected to be Professional, Respectful, and Responsible while at the SAGE Center. Below is the Behavior Matrix that our Illuminators will be expected to follow throughout their days at the Center.
Please encourage your child to do his/her best in following our expectations every day. We know that following these big THREE expectations will help each child be a positive learner who will Illuminate the Way!
Calling All Members! New and Former members!!
As a reminder, we are currently taking memberships for this year so that we can continue to expand our events and resources!
We are always looking for more ways to get students and parents engaged, and we need your help! Please renew your membership so that we can continue to provide resources, support, and FUN for students, families, and teachers.
Be on the lookout for SAGE Spirit Wear! It will be coming soon!
Memberships are only $10 per family (regardless of how many children are in SAGE).
Sign up at the PAGS Membership Form button below.
PAGS Reading Bingo Board
As a reminder, for every Bingo earned, your child's name will go into a drawing for a FREE Kindle Reader!
How Can I Stay Current?
You can "LIKE" NKC SAGE on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @NKC_SAGE. Please also watch for periodic emails or phones calls from the Center.